Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Daddy

Default Which shredder?

Rather than letting the local council take away all my cuttings / prunings
etc. and then buying the same stuff back from them ready made into compost,
I have decided that it is time to invest in a shredder and make more use of
the two compost bins I have.

However, I am slightly worried after finding one or two reviews which warned
about some shredders not being up to the job (branches jamming at half the
maximum
diameter, smaller stuff falling through and having to be fished out again,
greenery
& weeds jamming the shredder etc.).

The majority of my stuff will be small(ish) prunings and leafy material
(including weeds etc.) with the odd larger pruning up to 30mm

I'm looking to spend up to about £250 but it must reliably be able to shred
anything from a leaf up to a 30mm diameter branch without without jamming
and without the stuff just dropping through. Does not necessarily have to
be one of the quiet models.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Am I asking too much?