Old 17-07-2012, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Not my most diplomatic moment

On 7/17/2012 6:07 PM, Kathy wrote:
"S Viemeister" wrote in message

I once knew a woman who put slipcovers on her brand new living room
furniture to protect the upholstery, covered the slipcovers with clear
plastic covers to keep the slipcovers clean, then put towels over the
plastic, to protect it...

I didn't know you knew my Aunty Rose ....

Did she have a sister named Charlotte?
Old 17-07-2012, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 7/17/2012 6:07 PM, Kathy wrote:
"S Viemeister" wrote in message

I once knew a woman who put slipcovers on her brand new living room
furniture to protect the upholstery, covered the slipcovers with clear
plastic covers to keep the slipcovers clean, then put towels over the
plastic, to protect it...

I didn't know you knew my Aunty Rose ....

Did she have a sister named Charlotte?

No. She had seven sisters, but Charlotte is not a name that features in our
family.

--
Kathy

Old 18-07-2012, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
Since when has a rose full of flowers ever been "an eyesore"?!
:-(

I would actively welcome it and would encourage it to 'flop' over my
window.

Looking at her garden, front and back, it's very sterile looking.
Paved with a couple of glazed pots full of flowering plants, the back
garden is all bricked and paved and lawned with a very straight bed
along one side with a few shrubs and bark chippings. Hmm.

Our lawn area is covered with decorative chippings which I hate, but when
you can be away from home for months on end ... I do have bushes and trees
in the borders though and fruit trees at the far end. That gets bad enough
and needs extensive weeding which btw we will address when we get home.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 18-07-2012, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet wrote in
:

I've seen clear plastic delivery slip covers kept on the new
furniture
in several homes in Glasgow.Plus see-through plastic track laid over
the fitted carpet, and the cellophane display covers left on the
lampshades.

Janet

That is to prevent molten chocolate and chip fat splashing all the
furnishings in their bed-sit after deep frying Mars bars after an all day
drinking session with Thunderbird "wine" and Carlelsburg Special Brew.

Baz

Old 19-07-2012, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
My neighbour (who we constantly have bickering disputes with) has just
knocked on my door and asked when I'm going to do something with the
'eyesore' of a climbing rose on the wall next to her house (on our land,
up our wall, but potentially flopping towards her house, and dropping
petals onto our land which may blow onto her path)

Given I'd just been deadheading it yesterday, this didn't really please
me too much. I'm normally more placating, but this time I just told
her I like it and to **** off. I've pinned it up so it's not flopping
near her window any more, and you can walk under it without it bopping
on the head (over /our/ bit of path, which runs down the front of all
the houses).

Since when has a rose full of flowers ever been "an eyesore"?!
:-(

If it's any consolation I would have responded in the same way. I too, have
bad neighbours on one side. I feel your pain.
I won't bore you all with how they tried to force me to let them build a 2
metre brick wall in front of my side kitchen window in return for letting me
get my car out of my drive because I didn't have a drop kerb.
They only moved in last year and let's just say they weren't asked to the
neighbourhood Jubilee party.

Having bad neighbours is really stressful.

Old 20-07-2012, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17 Jul 2012 13:56:25 GMT, wrote:

And in the meantime, people (not us, afaik) complain at them about them
letting their dogs roam about on the common grass in front of the house
and crap everywhere ...

Report them to the dog warden for that. It's a disgusting thing. A
neighbour's grandson is blind because of dog mess.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk