Old 27-08-2012, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Yet more rain

Here in subtropical end of Swansea Bay, where the woods above us are
more like rain forests, we are having yet another spell of rain to keep
us topped up. It's forecast to last till around 10pm.
This is on top of the 2 inches plus we have had in the last week.
Yesterday I just said to hell with it and planted the last of the
dahlias that were still in boxes.
Just hope we don't get any early frosts.
I was leaving footprints almost 5 inches deep along the path that had
been rotovated, and within about 15 mins they were starting to fill with
water. Wont have done the soil structure much good.
When I finished I had planted almost 400 plants in one session and was
totally knackered so it was out with the recliner I keep out there so I
can take breaks.
As I was stretched out on the recliner, there was a noise in the
bushes behind me and then 2 squirrels came and were just about 2 ft from
me when they saw me, one headed back into the bushes, the other took a
flying leap right through the electric rabbit netting, I don't know how
it got through the mesh just about 3 inches by 3 1/2 inches, of course
being in the air it wouldn't get a shock from the fence.
David
Old 30-08-2012, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
As I was stretched out on the recliner, there was a noise in the bushes
behind me and then 2 squirrels came and were just about 2 ft from me when
they saw me, one headed back into the bushes, the other took a flying leap
right through the electric rabbit netting, I don't know how it got through
the mesh just about 3 inches by 3 1/2 inches, of course being in the air
it wouldn't get a shock from the fence.
David

The squirrel, even if it did touch the fence, would then be at the same
potential as the fence would not have any current passing through it, hence
no shock.

Bill