Old 16-10-2012, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ground cover plants in a smallish plot

Hi all,
I have just taken over a small 18ft by 6ft raised garden at
the front of my housing association flat.
There is a front sloping wall at the front of it, and my aim was to
have ground cover plants along at least the front of it, if they
spread all the way back that would be fine.
I have put pot grown plants in to hopefully have them quicker
established!

They are 5 Cotoneaster horizontalis and 3 Pyracantha Saphyr Cadange.

As I wish them to be ground cover not bush type can I somehow pin the
growing stems down to encourage ground coverage and to go over the
edge of the wall, to stop children wanting to walk along the wall,
which is in front of my window and drives my dog into a barking fit
when they do.
Thanks,
Mick.

Old 16-10-2012, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:48:22 +0100, Mick
wrote:

Hi all,
I have just taken over a small 18ft by 6ft raised garden at
the front of my housing association flat.
There is a front sloping wall at the front of it, and my aim was to
have ground cover plants along at least the front of it, if they
spread all the way back that would be fine.
I have put pot grown plants in to hopefully have them quicker
established!

They are 5 Cotoneaster horizontalis and 3 Pyracantha Saphyr Cadange.

As I wish them to be ground cover not bush type can I somehow pin the
growing stems down to encourage ground coverage and to go over the
edge of the wall, to stop children wanting to walk along the wall,
which is in front of my window and drives my dog into a barking fit
when they do.
Thanks,
Mick.

FWIW Stuart and I have already chipped in over in UK-d.i.y where this
was posted first.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.
Old 16-10-2012, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:24:03 +0100, The Original Jake
wrote:

Mick.

FWIW Stuart and I have already chipped in over in UK-d.i.y where this
was posted first.

Cheers, Jake.

Hi, yes thank you for your advice there.
I will read here a bit as well.
The small front bit is the only garden I will use so cannot get much
into it.
Mick.