Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Ever bought something you don't really need?

EX_OWM wrote:
Difference between a man and a woman:

A woman will buy something that she doesn't need because it should cost ?2
because it actually only costs ?1.

A man will buy something that should cost ?1 but actually costs ?2 because
he needs it.

Doesn't quite reflect our house. The woman /may/ buy something she doesn't
need cos it's a pound rather than 2 (but would more likely put it in her basket
for half an hour, wander around, then put it back).
The man will not only buy something he imagines he needs but doesn't really,
which costs 2 instead of 1, but he'll also buy an extra in case it breaks, plus
a packet of 24 refills for it. All of which will get left in the middle of the
floor for 6 months before migrating into the loft.

(/bitter)

Old 07-11-2012, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-11-07 16:49:23 +0000, Spider said:

On 07/11/2012 14:42, wrote:
wrote:
[...]

That rings a bell!

Except that Vicky forgot the special tools which have to be bought so
that they can fix the 'thing' when it breaks, the spares don't fit and
the 'thing' itself is now not made any more. Then there's the matches
that will have to be bought to set fire to the expletive deleted 'thing'
when it ends up on the bonfire! ;-)

Heh heh! A significant omission, that.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 07-11-2012, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Sacha wrote:
The man will not only buy something he imagines he needs but doesn't really,
which costs 2 instead of 1, but he'll also buy an extra in case it breaks, plus
a packet of 24 refills for it. All of which will get left in the middle of the
floor for 6 months before migrating into the loft.

(/bitter)

That rings a bell!

Except that Vicky forgot the special tools which have to be bought so
that they can fix the 'thing' when it breaks, the spares don't fit and
the 'thing' itself is now not made any more. Then there's the matches
that will have to be bought to set fire to the expletive deleted
'thing' when it ends up on the bonfire! ;-)

Oh /I/ would be so lucky! If the damned things ended on a bonfire at
least they wouldn't keep cluttering up my damned house!!