Old 28-11-2012, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Would it matter?

I had a rather important letter to send off today and for once, chose First
Class but as I didn't have a stamp of that value, had to call into my local
sub post office to buy one.
"That one there?" the sub post master asked and smacked the stamp on
................ crooked.
..
I felt that to see a stamp stuck on at an angle, didn't give much of an
impression,...... removed it and stuck it on straight.
..
What are your views?

Old 29-11-2012, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

.
I felt that to see a stamp stuck on at an angle, didn't give much of an
impression,...... removed it and stuck it on straight.
.
What are your views?

Someone found repositioning a stamp meant the recipient had to pay for
the letter as they assume the stamp was second hand.

I can't put stamps on straight to save my life. Annoys the heck out of
my OH.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 29-11-2012, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete T" wrote in
:

OMG.

Is this ALL the OP has to worry about?
Nice regimented fixation.... OCD springs to mind ..as does getting
things completely and utterly out of proportion.....
Part of ones own self importance to think that a recipient of your
letter/parcel ACTUALLY looks at the stamp.... OMG.

Get a life....

....by the way, was it a gardening annual or something? Seeds....?
something to do with gardening perhaps...?

Pete T

Try and stay calm.
Baz

Old 29-11-2012, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 'Mike' wrote:

I had a rather important letter to send off today and for once, chose
First Class but as I didn't have a stamp of that value, had to call
into my local sub post office to buy one.
"That one there?" the sub post master asked and smacked the stamp on
............... crooked.
.
I felt that to see a stamp stuck on at an angle, didn't give much of an
impression,...... removed it and stuck it on straight.

"If you'll give me your attention, I will tell you what I am:
I'm a genuine philanthropist - all other kinds are sham.
Each little fault of temper and each social defect
In my erring fellow-creatures I endeavour to correct.
To all their little weaknesses I open people's eyes;
And little plans to snub the self-sufficient I devise;
I love my fellow-creatures - I do all the good I can -
Yet everybody says I'm such a disagreeable man!
And I can't think why!"

;-)

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 29-11-2012, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , David Hill
writes
It had a green shield stamp on it and had come trough without being
picked up.

Now where's all those old ones that i used to see floating around in
boxes of stuff? You sued to get YARDS of them when you bought petrol or
joined the AA or bought cigarettes used to spend hours sticking them
all in little books.
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 29-11-2012, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I had a rather important letter to send off today and for once, chose First
Class but as I didn't have a stamp of that value, had to call into my local
sub post office to buy one.
"That one there?" the sub post master asked and smacked the stamp on
............... crooked.
.
I felt that to see a stamp stuck on at an angle, didn't give much of an
impression,...... removed it and stuck it on straight.
.
What are your views?

Are you always so stupid, or is today a special occasion?
Old 29-11-2012, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:54:12 -0000, Mike wrote:

"That one there?" the sub post master asked and smacked the stamp on
................ crooked.
..
I felt that to see a stamp stuck on at an angle, didn't give much of an
impression,...... removed it and stuck it on straight.
..
What are your views?

You stuck it on straight by hand! And got it in the right position? The
regulation 3.81 mm from the top and right hand edge envelope? I have a
envelope frame and indexing positioner get stamps positioned correctly.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 30-11-2012, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I had a rather important letter to send off today and for once, chose First
Class but as I didn't have a stamp of that value, had to call into my local
sub post office to buy one.
"That one there?" the sub post master asked and smacked the stamp on
............... crooked.
.
I felt that to see a stamp stuck on at an angle, didn't give much of an
impression,...... removed it and stuck it on straight.
.
What are your views?

Get a life.

Oh, he has had a life, it was just wasted.
Failed in business and socially inept. We should really pity him but
he makes it so difficult.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:39:15 -0000, Pete T
wrote:

"Qwight" wrote in message

Oh, he has had a life, it was just wasted.
Failed in business and socially inept. We should really pity him but
he makes it so difficult.

...that's right... I remember now..... some engineering business or other
that went broke in the 80's ...didn't he refuse to allow staff to join a
union ...? or something similar?
(completely illegal these days, of course..)
And wasn't there some curfuffle over some ex military type organisation
or
other ... something to do with stamps being sent to him...?

I believe he also claimed to have attended Bath University at some
point....then later retracted that and said he had been on a seminar or
some
such thing there over the summer recess...

Strange man...... an odd reply a while back to a poster here about
something or other.... is he mentally disabled in some way...?

If he had I would be sorry for him. But I just think he has an enormous
chip on his shoulder. That and the Walter Mitty syndrome of course.