Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default very scented sweet peas seeds?

In article , David Hill
writes
http://www.lathyrus.com/index.html

Oh isn't
Lathyrus rotundifolius - The Persian Everlasting Pea
a lovely thing?
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 02-12-2012, 09:29 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy[_2_] View Post
In article , David Hill
writes
Have you come accross this one Janet?
lathyrus.info : Lathyrus belinensis
These people have it and a lot more
Owl's Acre Sweet Peas : sweet pea flower seed - Lathyrus odoratus

Think I did try that but couldn't get it to germinate some years ago.
Might give it another go now you've reminded me, thanks David.
I think you were just unlucky. I've not had trouble with it. I hadn't noticed it having a strong fragrance though - I just grow it for its appearance.

Another to try is L sativus v azureus, a very strange electric/steely blue colour, but not scented.

Yes, L rotundifolia is just as lovely in the flesh as the picture shows, but again, not scented.