Old 07-07-2008, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Everlasting Perrenial Everlasting Sweet Peas Seeds in the UK best inUK?

Where would you recommend I get Perennial Everlasting Sweet Peas in
the UK?

Thompson & Morgan the Seedsmen do not sell them for some strange
reason.

Regards,

Samantha
Old 07-07-2008, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
"
writes

Where would you recommend I get Perennial Everlasting Sweet Peas in
the UK?

Thompson & Morgan the Seedsmen do not sell them for some strange
reason.

I have no opinion on the relative merits of sources, but T&M do sell
them. Look under the name Lathyrus latifolius.

Regards,

Samantha

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 07-07-2008, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Stewart Robert Hinsley contains these words:
In message
,
"
writes

Where would you recommend I get Perennial Everlasting Sweet Peas in
the UK?

Thompson & Morgan the Seedsmen do not sell them for some strange
reason.

I have no opinion on the relative merits of sources, but T&M do sell
them. Look under the name Lathyrus latifolius.

Regards,

Samantha's posts have all been falling into my craptrap due to the gmail
address. I've just made an exception...

I've plenty of seeds, but they are all of the pink variety.

So, assuming you can decode my address in the sig...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 07-07-2008, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Samantha wrote
Where would you recommend I get Perennial Everlasting Sweet Peas in
the UK?

Thompson & Morgan the Seedsmen do not sell them for some strange
reason.

I see them out and about all the time, can't miss those bright pink coloured
flowers in the hedgerows, just collect some seed yourself.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 07-07-2008, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7/7/08 19:10, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Samantha wrote
Where would you recommend I get Perennial Everlasting Sweet Peas in
the UK?

Thompson & Morgan the Seedsmen do not sell them for some strange
reason.

I see them out and about all the time, can't miss those bright pink coloured
flowers in the hedgerows, just collect some seed yourself.

Um.....isn't that illegal - strictly speaking, of course?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Samantha wrote
Where would you recommend I get Perennial Everlasting Sweet Peas in
the UK?

Thompson & Morgan the Seedsmen do not sell them for some strange
reason.

I see them out and about all the time, can't miss those bright pink
coloured
flowers in the hedgerows, just collect some seed yourself.

Um.....isn't that illegal - strictly speaking, of course?

I thought it was only illegal if it was a protected species, or are all wild
flowers protected these days?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 08-07-2008, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote...

What I'm curious about is where is it that Lathyrus latifolius grows wild
in the hedgerows.

Seen it around the Thorpe area in various places growing on the verges and
up shrubs, was a beautiful one on our local level crossing rambling over the
fences every year but Carillion are working on the crossing at the moment so
it has probably been dug up.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 08-07-2008, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:
"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote...

What I'm curious about is where is it that Lathyrus latifolius grows wild
in the hedgerows.

Seen it around the Thorpe area in various places growing on the verges and
up shrubs, was a beautiful one on our local level crossing rambling
over the
fences every year but Carillion are working on the crossing at the
moment so
it has probably been dug up.

It's about as easy to kill like that as Japanese knotweed...

Thorpe?

Thorpe Norwich?

Thorpe le Soken?

Jeremy?

ITWSBT

It grows in a hedge in Bunwell Low Common.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 08-07-2008, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote after"Bob Hobden" contains these words:
"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote...

What I'm curious about is where is it that Lathyrus latifolius grows
wild
in the hedgerows.

Seen it around the Thorpe area in various places growing on the verges
and
up shrubs, was a beautiful one on our local level crossing rambling
over the
fences every year but Carillion are working on the crossing at the
moment so
it has probably been dug up.

It's about as easy to kill like that as Japanese knotweed...

Thorpe?

Thorpe Norwich?

Thorpe le Soken?

Jeremy?

ITWSBT

It grows in a hedge in Bunwell Low Common.

Thorpe, N. Surrey. Junction of the M25 and M3. Near Egham/Staines where I
have my allotment.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Bob Hobden writes

"Sacha" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Samantha wrote
Where would you recommend I get Perennial Everlasting Sweet Peas in
the UK?

Thompson & Morgan the Seedsmen do not sell them for some strange
reason.

I see them out and about all the time, can't miss those bright pink
coloured
flowers in the hedgerows, just collect some seed yourself.

Um.....isn't that illegal - strictly speaking, of course?

I thought it was only illegal if it was a protected species, or are all wild
flowers protected these days?

You're allowed to collect 'the four F's' - flowers, fruit, fungi, and
(IIRC) foliage, provided they are for personal use and not for sale, and
provided you have permission to be there (so along a public right of way
is OK, picking mushrooms from a farm field is not, unless you have the
farmer's permission)

Protected species are sufficiently rare for you to be unlikely to come
across them (and most of them seem to be small and inconspicuous).

Bluebells have some specific legislation preventing people taking bulbs
from the wild and selling them.
--
Kay
Old 09-07-2008, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

Thorpe, N. Surrey.

Hmmm. Thorpe, like Sutton, is spread rather thickly...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig