Old 30-11-2012, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rubbish bag support

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 30/11/2012 14:46, Ophelia wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right one.

A wife

*growl*

I could have said I hold the bag and get the wife to fill it

Hmm in that case .... you have (just about) redeemed yourself

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 30-11-2012, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Broadback
writes
All very amusing, but I don't want my wife upset. Last time she
what I was looking for was a device into which the rubbish sack was
placed before filling it with leaves. I know I have seen them somewhere
on the internet. Looks like two rings one above the other

Well the Bosmere one on Amazon is excellent and very cheap -it expands
so all round is held upright and becasue it fills the bin inside you can
shove prickly stuff and everyhting in .

janet
.

--
Janet Tweedy
Old 30-11-2012, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right one.

A wife

*growl*

I could have said I hold the bag and get the wife to fill it

Stop digging that hole, David! ;~)

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 30-11-2012, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-11-30 14:12:54 +0000, David Hill
said:

On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right one.

A wife

David! You're as bad as Charlie making Liz walk first through the
cobwebs in the greenhouses each morning!! ;-)

That brings back memories! I used to do that with RG (and others) when
I was still terrified of spiders. How things change :~).

Old 30-11-2012, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-11-30 14:12:54 +0000, David Hill
said:

On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right one.

A wife

David! You're as bad as Charlie making Liz walk first through the
cobwebs in the greenhouses each morning!! ;-)

All very amusing, but I don't want my wife upset. Last time she ........
what I was looking for was a device into which the rubbish sack was
placed before filling it with leaves. I know I have seen them somewhere
on the internet. Looks like two rings one above the other.

Yup .. Wedding ring and engagement ring.

Old 30-11-2012, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-11-30 14:12:54 +0000, David Hill
said:

On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right one.

A wife

David! You're as bad as Charlie making Liz walk first through the
cobwebs in the greenhouses each morning!! ;-)

That brings back memories! I used to do that with RG (and others) when I
was still terrified of spiders. How things change :~).

We love spiders too and will never disturb one willingly, although we have
never come across a really big one, so who knows
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 30-11-2012, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-11-30 14:12:54 +0000, David Hill
said:

On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried
Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right one.

A wife

David! You're as bad as Charlie making Liz walk first through the
cobwebs in the greenhouses each morning!! ;-)

That brings back memories! I used to do that with RG (and others) when I
was still terrified of spiders. How things change :~).

We love spiders too and will never disturb one willingly, although we have
never come across a really big one, so who knows

After the 'cure', I kept tarantulas for over 20yrs. I suspect you might
draw a line at that, but thanks for being kind to my friends :~)).

Old 30-11-2012, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-11-30 14:12:54 +0000, David Hill
said:

On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish
bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried
Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right
one.

A wife

David! You're as bad as Charlie making Liz walk first through the
cobwebs in the greenhouses each morning!! ;-)
All very amusing, but I don't want my wife upset. Last time she ........
what I was looking for was a device into which the rubbish sack was
placed before filling it with leaves. I know I have seen them somewhere
on the internet. Looks like two rings one above the other.

Yup .. Wedding ring and engagement ring.

Splutter!! Love it!

We aim to please :~).

Old 01-12-2012, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-11-30 14:12:54 +0000, David Hill
said:

[...]

Ahh but they are our friends, although I suspect you might be right about
the tarantulas ...

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 01-12-2012, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes
Amazon
Bosmere Bin Bag Loader Rubbish Bag Compost Collector

Sounds like something designed to dispose of the Taliban.
--

Martin

'
Ah now someone i know suggested she didn't want a 'rubbish bin bag
collector, she had loads of them, she wanted a 'good' one
oh how I laughed ........................
--
Janet Tweedy

Old 01-12-2012, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The thread reminded me that i did buy two many months ago, so scrabbling
around the litho press and paraphernalia in the garage i have found one
at least!! Excellent. i shall find it really useful,never got round to
taking it out into the garden!!
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 01-12-2012, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right one.

This could be the thing for you in the garden
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...C=GS-050710030

Old 01-12-2012, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right one.

I appreciate this is not what you asked for, but I have at least 6 of
these and find them very useful. I buy them more cheaply than shown in
the link (watch out for Lidl garden sales) and they last reasonably
well. They are light but tough, stand open while you fill them and
collapse for storage. I wouldn't be without them. I have even grown
potatoes in the older ones as, by then, they have a few drainage holes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Litre-Spring...4398632&sr=1-4

Old 01-12-2012, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right one.

I appreciate this is not what you asked for, but I have at least 6 of
these and find them very useful. I buy them more cheaply than shown in
the link (watch out for Lidl garden sales) and they last reasonably well.
They are light but tough, stand open while you fill them and collapse for
storage. I wouldn't be without them. I have even grown potatoes in the
older ones as, by then, they have a few drainage holes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Litre-Spring...4398632&sr=1-4

Oh! We have two of those!!!! We use them for all kinds of things)
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 01-12-2012, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right one.

I appreciate this is not what you asked for, but I have at least 6 of
these and find them very useful. I buy them more cheaply than shown in
the link (watch out for Lidl garden sales) and they last reasonably well.
They are light but tough, stand open while you fill them and collapse for
storage. I wouldn't be without them. I have even grown potatoes in the
older ones as, by then, they have a few drainage holes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Litre-Spring...4398632&sr=1-4

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
gardening on clay

That's what I use with a black sack in it at shows and exhibitions. They
stay clean and are very light.

Mike

To Bag- or not to bag? Jos. Wheeler Lawns 25 10-04-2006 11:10 AM
Reach into the pond to remove leaves and rubbish NEWS Ponds (alternative) 1 27-07-2005 07:33 AM
72-Hour Blackout Cure for Algae is Rubbish blank Freshwater Aquaria Plants 11 13-10-2004 02:57 PM
To bag or not to bag 2 Gene Moon Lawns 1 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
To Bag or Not to Bag Gene Moon Lawns 3 09-06-2003 03:08 PM