Old 21-12-2012, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The end of the world. Maybe.

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Old 21-12-2012, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in news:kb1ao6$aaa$1
@news.albasani.net:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz
Old 21-12-2012, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/12/2012 12:44, Baz wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in news:kb1ao6$aaa$1
@news.albasani.net:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz

With the stinking colds that the Wife and I have I don't think we'd even
notice.
Old 21-12-2012, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

With the stinking colds that the Wife and I have I don't think we'd
even notice.

You will, in a day or two, when you both feel better after a good nights
sleep.

Baz
Old 21-12-2012, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

On 21/12/2012 12:44, Baz wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in
news:kb1ao6$aaa$1 @news.albasani.net:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone
is cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz

With the stinking colds that the Wife and I have I don't think we'd
even notice.

You will both feel better soon, after a good nights sleep.

Baz

Old 21-12-2012, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-12-21 13:53:58 +0000, David Hill
said:

On 21/12/2012 12:44, Baz wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in
@news.albasani.net:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz

With the stinking colds that the Wife and I have I don't think we'd
even notice.

Oh dear! Not Devon-caught colds, I hope!

Yes, I'm afraid to say you are right Sacha, came home on Sunday with the
makings of these super colds.
A good nights sleep would be great, but hasn't been on the for the last
3 nights, and I think tonight will be wishful thinking as well.

Old 21-12-2012, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote:

A good nights sleep would be great, but hasn't been on the for the last
3 nights, and I think tonight will be wishful thinking as well.

I highly recommend the whisky cure. If you can't kill the germs, at least
you can show them a good time!

Old 21-12-2012, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/12/2012 18:58, Gary Woods wrote:
David Hill wrote:

A good nights sleep would be great, but hasn't been on the for the last
3 nights, and I think tonight will be wishful thinking as well.

I highly recommend the whisky cure. If you can't kill the germs, at least
you can show them a good time!

Feed a cold
and starve a fever.
I'm on the scotch caus I've got neither

Old 21-12-2012, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Baz
writes
"shazzbat" wrote in news:kb1ao6$aaa$1
:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz

Hello Hello
Anyone else out there?
Am I the only on left?
Can anyone hear me?
Do you want any Nectar points?
--
bert
Old 22-12-2012, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-12-21 18:51:15 +0000, David Hill

On 2012-12-21 13:53:58 +0000, David Hill
said:

On 21/12/2012 12:44, Baz wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in
@news.albasani.net:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious.
Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz

With the stinking colds that the Wife and I have I don't think we'd
even notice.

Oh dear! Not Devon-caught colds, I hope!

Yes, I'm afraid to say you are right Sacha, came home on Sunday with
the makings of these super colds.
A good nights sleep would be great, but hasn't been on the for the
last 3 nights, and I think tonight will be wishful thinking as well.

Oh, I am really sorry to hear that. But I do promise you didn't get them
from us - all still healthy here. Do you both get the flu jabs? I've
had two years of those and, touching wood, have two Christmases/winters
without a truly vile cold and eventual bronchitis.And without wishing to
sound like the world's grandmother, Olbas Oil on the pillow does help
with the breathing issues, too. I wish you both better very very
quickly. It was lovely to see you both and thank you so very much for
the presents you sent and which arrived today. What a charming and
unexpected surprise.

Both had flu jabs, I've been having them for about 25 years and they
work well.

Old 22-12-2012, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-12-21 18:51:15 +0000, David Hill

On 2012-12-21 13:53:58 +0000, David Hill
said:

On 21/12/2012 12:44, Baz wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in
@news.albasani.net:

[...]

Years ago as a Civil Servant I received a Flu Jab as did all of us. Two of
us reacted very badly and consequently never had one since. Still don't get
flu but I feel that it is important what you eat. Eat healthy and you stay
healthy.

Mike

Old 23-12-2012, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 22:26:39 -0000, Pete T wrote:

Years ago as a Civil Servant I received a Flu Jab as did all of us.
Two of us reacted very badly and consequently never had one since.
Still don't get flu but I feel that it is important what you eat. Eat
healthy and you stay healthy.

Absolute and utter tosh....
You "still don't get flu..." as nothing related to a flu jab you ONCE
had.

Sweeping statement, the chances of getting the particular strain(s) in te
jab(s) that he did have are significantly reduced.

In addition, Flu is a virus and absolutely nothing to do with what you
eat.. you either catch the virus ...or you don't. Simple.

True enough.

Your tosh about diet (insofar as flu is concerned...) is meanginglessly
inaccurate......

Sweeping statement again, the fitter and healthier you are the better
your body will be able to fight the virus. Hence the giving of the jabs
to the "at risk" sections of the population.

But anyone who says they have the flu and are able to get out of bed to
go to the loo is lying. They only have a bad cold. Flu is nasty it lays
you up, as in bed bound, for several days and you'll be weakened for a
couple of weeks.

--
Cheers
Dave.