Old 06-01-2013, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ordering seeds online via Mr Fothergills

WHAT a tortous process!! took me ages and ages, screen being redrawn
when you seletced something, then went into basket then back to
searching etc etc. At the end it didn't give you a chnace to edit the
number of packets or removes things you didn't want, and to top it all
the checkout button doesn't work, having played around on the screen for
what seems ages clicking every graphic i could find it transpired you
have to then log in or register t egt to you chekut!!
cor blimey, and all beacause I thought I might try the tomoatoes that
the RHS are raving about on their site. I really wanted two packets so I
could grown a couple of plants for friends or give them a couple of
seeds to trybut deceided I just couldn't face going through the whole
process on the Mr F site all over again
Afraid i ordered the stuff but then sent them a bried note to tell them
to improve their website or beginners and even hardened gardeners
wouldn't be returning to their ordering porcess. haven't heard back,
haven't yet received seeds.
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 06-01-2013, 12:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote:
[...]

Was this the site that you visited? https://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk

If it was, I had no trouble searching, saving in the baskets, did several
other searches and added to the basket, amended and deleted a few orders and
proceeding right up to the checkout (where I backed-out as I was only
testing the system).

A busy spell on the site perhaps when you tried it - or browser/cookie
problems?

BTW, this was my first time on the site, using Firefox and a few Add-ons to
kill Flash, block tracking cookies etc.

Hope this may be of some help to you

Old 06-01-2013, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
WHAT a tortous process!!

I only have a small plot so don't need packets with masses of seeds. I use
http://www.moreveg.co.uk/ who do small packets. Easy to use site.
--
Pete C

Old 06-01-2013, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/01/2013 09:21, Martin wrote:
It works with Google Chrome to the same point
-- Martin

That's what i use martin. Very strange. I certainly could not amend my
order once it came up on screen and I went through the whole process
twice as the first time it crashed anyway. At 1.,45 in the morning g you
don't expect a lot of traffic to slow stuff down!

p.s. As Thunderbird expert how do I stop it opening emails and news
threads before I read them please/ i click on some header and
immediately get a window at the bottom which has opened the thing . I
did have it set up so i had to double click on the header to see the
message but it seems to have reset itself.

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 06-01-2013, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/01/2013 08:49, Pete C wrote:
I only have a small plot so don't need packets with masses of seeds. I use
http://www.moreveg.co.uk/ who do small packets. Easy to use site.
-- Pete C

I use quite a few sites, though mainly order stuff from Derry Watkins,
Plantworld, , Simpsons, Moles, Brown's, Edwin Tucker, Suttons and Kings
via their catalogues and Chiltern seeds, Nikcy's seeds, a German site
and sometimes Chiltern if i want to filter via their websites.

I only tried Fothergills as I wanted their new AGM awarded tomatoes to
try and though i might as well order other stuff whilst I was there!

--
Janet T.
Amersham

Old 06-01-2013, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/01/2013 09:14, Martin wrote:
You've lost your sig separator.
--

doesn't surprise me! Now how do i turn off this automatic opening of
messages?

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 06-01-2013, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/01/2013 12:01, Martin wrote:
Dunno. I'm not that much of an expert.
I can't find the setting anymore either.

Perhaps amongst "Here be dragons"

tools
options
config editor

Help was no use.

Good sig mark. 10/10:-)

Not very secure then is it? I mean if a message contained a virus or
something then i don't want to open it, just delete it. In Thunderbird
(as it has now reset itself) you click on a message and it
automatically opens in a window at the bottom, sigh. going to go and
build a bonfire to kill of ground elder technology can wait until i have
more patience ...................

----
--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 06-01-2013, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/01/2013 13:09, Martin wrote:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Actions_fo...er.22_settings
-- Martin

Oh I can deal with attachements i just resent emails opening if i clikc
on the header to delete them.

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 06-01-2013, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/01/2013 22:48, Martin wrote:
There used to be a very obvious option you could set that stopped
attachments automatically opening
-- Martin

I know !! I used to have it but it just seems to have reset itself
overnight

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 07-01-2013, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/01/2013 08:04, Martin wrote:
I wish I could do the same to you:-P
-- Martin

It's very mysterious as i now seem to get two Thunderbirds when i open
the programme, one that does open the emails and one that doesn't and
yes I have tried closing the one that does but the program then closes
completely.

Ordered seeds fine from Eagles and also seeds from Chiltern Seeds so I
am assuming there was a temporary glitch somewehere with Mr Fothergills
website/.

--
Janet T.
Amersham

Old 07-01-2013, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/01/2013 10:40, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 10:04:59 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

On 07/01/2013 08:04, Martin wrote:
I wish I could do the same to you:-P
-- Martin

It's very mysterious as i now seem to get two Thunderbirds when i open
the programme, one that does open the emails and one that doesn't and
yes I have tried closing the one that does but the program then closes
completely.

Sod's law. Have you tried reinstalling Thunderbird? By magic it
remembers the settings etc.

Time to try Agent? :-)

Ordered seeds fine from Eagles and also seeds from Chiltern Seeds so I
am assuming there was a temporary glitch somewehere with Mr Fothergills
website/.

Mr Fothergill was probably having 40 winks

Right click on the header, then from the drop down options delete it.

--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/01/2013 11:23, Broadback wrote:
Right click on the header, then from the drop down options delete it.

Yes, ta for that but that was what the probelm was, when i right clicked
on it the message opened in a bottom window even before I could delete it
Never mind more or less back to normal and soon be time to sow some seeds.

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 07-01-2013, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

All credit to Mr Fothergills they wrote me a nice email and said it
seemed to work fine at that end. The representative did say that they
were upgrading their website this spring and as that she also send me
two free packets of seeds which i think was very generous considering no
one else had the problems I had!!
Anyway credit where credit's due that's what I say.

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 07-01-2013, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
All credit to Mr Fothergills they wrote me a nice email and said it seemed
to work fine at that end. The representative did say that they were
upgrading their website this spring and as that she also send me two free
packets of seeds which i think was very generous considering no one else
had the problems I had!!
Anyway credit where credit's due that's what I say.

Very nice!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 07-01-2013, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/01/2013 17:36, Martin wrote:
Thanks!
-- Martin

)

--
Janet T.
Amersham

Online ordering of Bamboo plants??? Mayakovski Bamboo 5 24-05-2003 03:32 PM
Ordering Online? Gardening 1 07-05-2003 04:20 PM
Ordering Online? Gardening 2 03-05-2003 12:20 AM
Fothergills Mixed Perennials JennyC United Kingdom 1 29-04-2003 05:56 PM
ordering neem oil online molly malone Orchids 1 28-01-2003 11:13 PM