Old 04-02-2013, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Primula

Came across this primula today at Morrison's, no name, and in fact no
price on any of the pots so I made an offer for 2 and they accepted it.
They are almost like Hose in Hose, but instead of a lower set of petals
they have a collar of small leaves like a single flower posy.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps1546d11f.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps764a6cfd.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps54ff3270.jpg
Anyone have any idea of the variety?
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay
Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hill View Post
Came across this primula today at Morrison's, no name, and in fact no
price on any of the pots so I made an offer for 2 and they accepted it.
They are almost like Hose in Hose, but instead of a lower set of petals
they have a collar of small leaves like a single flower posy.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps1546d11f.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps764a6cfd.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps54ff3270.jpg
Anyone have any idea of the variety?
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay
Hi Dave, the nearest I can get from what im growing is one called Primula Belarina 'Buttermilk'.
Hope this helps !
Lannerman.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-02-04 18:50:45 +0000, David Hill said:

Came across this primula today at Morrison's, no name, and in fact no
price on any of the pots so I made an offer for 2 and they accepted it.
They are almost like Hose in Hose, but instead of a lower set of petals
they have a collar of small leaves like a single flower posy.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps1546d11f.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps764a6cfd.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps54ff3270.jpg
Anyone have any idea of the variety?
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

There's one called Buttermilk which looks a bit like that.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 05-02-2013, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-02-04 18:50:45 +0000, David Hill said:

Came across this primula today at Morrison's, no name, and in fact no
price on any of the pots so I made an offer for 2 and they accepted it.
They are almost like Hose in Hose, but instead of a lower set of
petals they have a collar of small leaves like a single flower posy.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps1546d11f.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps764a6cfd.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps54ff3270.jpg

Anyone have any idea of the variety?
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

There's one called Buttermilk which looks a bit like that.

I've had some good bargains from Morrisons. Like all supermarkets they
aren't set up for watering, so they have to clear the stock before it
dries out
Old 05-02-2013, 09:18 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hill View Post
Came across this primula today at Morrison's, no name, and in fact no
price on any of the pots so I made an offer for 2 and they accepted it.
They are almost like Hose in Hose, but instead of a lower set of petals
they have a collar of small leaves like a single flower posy.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps1546d11f.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps764a6cfd.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps54ff3270.jpg
Anyone have any idea of the variety?
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay
The flower shape, of flower in a ruff of leaves, is known as "jack in the green".
__________________

Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://tinyurl.com/awsxljt
http://tinyurl.com/bgzorhq
http://tinyurl.com/a2dj88f
Anyone have any idea of the variety?
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

The flower shape, of flower in a ruff of leaves, is known as "jack in
the green".

Thanks folks
That looks like the one.
I had forgotten the term "Jack in the Green"
Our Morrisons do water their plants, often after they are dead and still
on display.
David @ a sunny end of Swansea Bay.