Old 15-03-2013, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant Supports

I'm looking for some hoop type plant supports, something like

http://www.plantsupports.co.uk/p/arc_41cm_x_74cm_a0095

and wonder if anybody has particular suppliers/ manufacturers to
recommend.

I haven't quite decided if I prefer plastic coated, or natural
steel, left to rust, but I do want something substantial which
won't be defeated by my clay soil.

I know Monty has shown the DIY method. Has anybody simply got
hold of lengths of black steel bar (best supplier?) and formed
them as required?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old 15-03-2013, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
I'm looking for some hoop type plant supports, something like

http://www.plantsupports.co.uk/p/arc_41cm_x_74cm_a0095

and wonder if anybody has particular suppliers/ manufacturers to
recommend.

I haven't quite decided if I prefer plastic coated, or natural
steel, left to rust, but I do want something substantial which
won't be defeated by my clay soil.

I know Monty has shown the DIY method. Has anybody simply got
hold of lengths of black steel bar (best supplier?) and formed
them as required?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

I have bought ready made steel ones from snape stakes and been very pleased
with them, for bigger plants I use reinforcing bars from the builders
merchant, cut into 1.5M lengths, drive 1 meter into the ground at the
corners, buy some Black MDPE pipe fit the end onto one of the upright rods
bend over, cut to length, and push onto the opposite side, repeat for the
other and where the two hoops meet at the top just put a screw through to
hold every thing in place. Quick and cheap and you can't really see them
once the plants get going!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Monty Don's plant supports from 6mm by 2m steel rods. gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339 United Kingdom 1 19-03-2016 04:16 PM
Plant Supports archie United Kingdom 26 02-12-2008 05:08 PM
Low tech plant supports Persephone Gardening 7 16-06-2007 08:00 PM
Metal Plant Supports Andrew Newton[_2_] United Kingdom 2 05-04-2007 07:33 PM
Intruder unfriendly plant supports Jim W United Kingdom 10 23-07-2003 11:32 PM