Old 16-04-2013, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Windy conditions.

I see it is getting warmer, but the winds have set off car alarms in the
small hours. Blew our bins over last night, bit of a shock when it wakes
you with a start. A light sleepers nightmare.
These savage winds half way into April?

Also the lawnmower would usually have been out a few times. Just once here.
I also wonder if we are going to get a wet drought, like last year. The
wind just seems to dry the soil out. Then persistantly precipitates. That's
a posh way of saying p*****g down if I spelled correctly.

On the positive side of things, the Blackies are starting to gather nesting
material so when the chicks hatch in 3 or 4 weeks I will tip over my Dalek
compost bin and let them feast freely on the worms. Some say I make it too
easy but last brood was zero, I think.

Baz