Old 20-06-2013, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Full Smith period - Bligh****ch

Received an email notification from Bligh****ch that there is a full Smith
period for my location.

Not even got any fruit set on the outdoor tomatoes yet.

Thankfully no blight incidents reported in the area, though, so we should
be OK.

Cheers

Dave R
Old 20-06-2013, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

David.WE.Roberts wrote:
Received an email notification from Bligh****ch that there is a full Smith
period for my location.

A what?
Old 20-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Wikipedia is your friend. Phytophthora infestans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 20-06-2013, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/06/2013 15:13, wrote:
David.WE.Roberts wrote:
Received an email notification from Bligh****ch that there is a full Smith
period for my location.

A what?

A Smith Period
Why don't you check it on google?
Old 20-06-2013, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20 Jun 2013 13:30:10 GMT, "David.WE.Roberts"
wrote:

Received an email notification from Bligh****ch that there is a full Smith
period for my location.

Not even got any fruit set on the outdoor tomatoes yet.

Thankfully no blight incidents reported in the area, though, so we should
be OK.

Cheers

Dave R

Already! My outdoor tomatoes have only just started to flower! I'd
like to get a few fruit first!

Pam in Bristol

Old 20-06-2013, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote

Received an email notification from Bligh****ch that there is a full Smith
period for my location.

Not even got any fruit set on the outdoor tomatoes yet.

Thankfully no blight incidents reported in the area, though, so we should
be OK.

But you need rain and leaves wet for hours for that, not here at all. Going
to have to start watering our potatoes tomorrow, been watering some stuff
already for weeks.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 21-06-2013, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Martin wrote:
But you need rain and leaves wet for hours for that, not here at all. Going
to have to start watering our potatoes tomorrow, been watering some stuff
already for weeks.

Lots of rain is forecast for the weekend. We got our first real rain
for sometime last night. Thunderstorms missed us somehow.

Disappointing lack of thunder here, too, given all of the weather forcasts
predicted it, and my head could really do with it.
Old 21-06-2013, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:58:33 +0200, Martin wrote:

feel cheated.

They don't feel cheated in Vouvray or Chinon, the hail was the size of
ping-pong balls and totally destroyed the crop, maybe for 2014 also.

We were luckier, just some wind damage and lost a copper beech that was
sick and would have had to come down anyway. Luckily it didn't hit
anything.

Anyway don't feel bad these were some vicious storms!

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 21-06-2013, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/06/2013 11:55, Emery Davis wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:58:33 +0200, Martin wrote:

feel cheated.

They don't feel cheated in Vouvray or Chinon, the hail was the size of
ping-pong balls and totally destroyed the crop, maybe for 2014 also.

We were luckier, just some wind damage and lost a copper beech that was
sick and would have had to come down anyway. Luckily it didn't hit
anything.

Anyway don't feel bad these were some vicious storms!

Don't complain you could have had this
http://uk.reuters.com/video/2013/06/...Channel=117759