Old 22-06-2013, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default For Sacha - Veddw Incident

On 22/06/2013 12:40, RustyHinge wrote:
On 22/06/13 10:05, David Hill wrote:
Now if only the welsh had built wider lanes then this sort of thing
wouldn't happen.
I get worried when I see grass growing in the centre of the lane.

Why? How many vehicles these days have a single wheel in the back or front?

Plastic Pigs excepted.

WHY?
because it shows that the road is so narrow that vehicles are in effect
running along tracks, and if you get some fool racing from the other
direction there will be no place for you to move out of his/her way.
I was brought up in Sussex lanes (Yes we did have a house, but I spent
almost all My time outdoors, and had my first few years of driving
around the lanes [ not the ones in Brighton] and am well used to narrow
roads)
It's the fools who think they can treat every road as a race track.
Old 22-06-2013, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/06/13 12:35, RustyHinge wrote:
On 20/06/13 23:17, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Jake" wrote

Roger Tonkin wrote:

Bet the driver was from England!

You win the bet - Bourton-on-the-Water.

Apart from the warnings Anne always emails/sends and prominent on the
web site, there's also a large blue "unsuitable for ..." sign.

Add to that the racket of separating shrubbery (which we could hear
inside the house!) as he drove up the lane, leaving a trail of
destruction in his wake ...... (which he seemed to ignore)

Obviously English!

I've had similar and in that case it was the Company not telling the
driver despite me sending maps with routes marked etc and warning of
potential problems.

Of course, the driver might have been influenced by his GP machine...

Someone stole my 'S' - from GPS

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 22-06-2013, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/06/13 15:48, David Hill wrote:
[...]

You misunderstand - Why - quote I get worried when I see grass growing
in the centre of the lane. /quote

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 22-06-2013, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/06/13 17:16, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 15:48:05 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

[...]

On the three roads between Whitby Pickering and Scarborough. There's
fatal head on crash most weeks in the summer. We've had several near
misses.

I was looking at a gap in the parapet of the bridge in Hawick back in
the '60s and a (presumably) local man said WTTE that "We have six fatal
accidents here this year. Luckily, no-one has been killed."

--
Rusty Hinge

Old 22-06-2013, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/06/2013 18:42, RustyHinge wrote:

Imust have rephrased that badly: How many vehicles these days have a
single wheel in the back or front only?

Wouldn't that be a Mono cycle or a Unicycle?
Old 22-06-2013, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Roger Tonkin wrote:

Bet the driver was from England!

You win the bet - Bourton-on-the-Water.

Apart from the warnings Anne always emails/sends and prominent on the
web site, there's also a large blue "unsuitable for ..." sign.

Add to that the racket of separating shrubbery (which we could hear
inside the house!) as he drove up the lane, leaving a trail of
destruction in his wake ...... (which he seemed to ignore)

Obviously English!

I've had similar and in that case it was the Company not telling the
driver despite me sending maps with routes marked etc and warning of
potential problems.

Of course, the driver might have been influenced by his GP machine...

Someone stole my 'S' - from GPS

I see!
He had a Get Permanently Stuck machine
Old 22-06-2013, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/06/13 19:11, David Hill wrote:
On 22/06/2013 18:42, RustyHinge wrote:

Imust have rephrased that badly: How many vehicles these days have a
single wheel in the back or front only?

Wouldn't that be a Mono cycle or a Unicycle?

Not necess-celery: it depends on where you apply thr 'only'.

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 22-06-2013, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 18:38:38 +0100, RustyHinge wrote:

Someone stole my 'S' - from GPS

Don't forget to snip, please. You're even quoting the headers!

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 22-06-2013, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 20:04:38 +0000, Emery Davis wrote:

[quoted text muted]

Don't forget to snip, please. You're even quoting the headers!

Whoops, sorry. It's me, my news reader has gotten out of whack.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

Veddw open Sacha[_10_] United Kingdom 1 02-06-2013 04:36 PM
veddw Gardens Janet Tweedy[_2_] United Kingdom 4 16-01-2013 04:24 PM
A Few Minutes of Veddw The Original Jake United Kingdom 15 10-01-2013 10:43 PM
Little pots of optimism and Springtime, and a Sugar incident (again) madgardener Gardening 0 12-12-2003 01:32 AM