Old 10-10-2013, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Never been so scared.

I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have been
swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Baz
Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thank your lucky stars that you are alive and able to write what you have
done. Had that been my wife she would be in hospital by now, if still alive.
She is VERY allergic to Wasp stings and as such is on 'A Wasp sting watch'.
People have been known to die through them.

Wasp stings mean nothing to me, one at a time!!

Hope you recover soon

Mike

Old 10-10-2013, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/10/2013 17:46, 'Mike' wrote:

Thank your lucky stars that you are alive and able to write what you
have done. Had that been my wife she would be in hospital by now, if
still alive. She is VERY allergic to Wasp stings and as such is on 'A
Wasp sting watch'. People have been known to die through them.

Why hasn't she been given a course of wasp venom desensitization.( Venom
immunotherapy) What I had lasted around 9 months and it worked well for
me, had it over 15 years ago, till then I had to carry adrenalin
injection kit with me right through t the wasp season.
There are are different forms available, some rushed other very long term.
Ask your Dr about it.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/10/2013 17:40, Baz wrote:
I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have been
swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Baz

I got done over by bees many years ago, my own fault, I was using a
tractor Rotavator and rotovated across the front of 3 hives, they took
exception.
Wasps, I would have been dead in less than 10 mins with the number of
stings I had.
David @ a colder but rain free side of Swansea Bay.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 17:40, Baz wrote:
I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have
been swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Baz

I got done over by bees many years ago, my own fault, I was using a
tractor Rotavator and rotovated across the front of 3 hives, they took
exception.
Wasps, I would have been dead in less than 10 mins with the number of
stings I had.
David @ a colder but rain free side of Swansea Bay.

Lucky me then. I have a bit of an escape.I just dont know why they picked
on me. and i feel a bit sick as well

Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/10/2013 19:53, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 17:40, Baz wrote:
I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have
been swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Baz

I got done over by bees many years ago, my own fault, I was using a
tractor Rotavator and rotovated across the front of 3 hives, they took
exception.
Wasps, I would have been dead in less than 10 mins with the number of
stings I had.
David @ a colder but rain free side of Swansea Bay.

Lucky me then. I have a bit of an escape.I just dont know why they picked
on me. and i feel a bit sick as well

You probably feel as if you have had a kicking.
If you have any antihistamine tablets (Hay fever/travel sickness tablets
then take a dose, it could still help.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have been
swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Baz

Been there done that, not on the face though I got caught on my legs. Quite
painful at first, but later it was the itching that was the bother.

Bad luck, hope you get over it soon.

Bill

Old 10-10-2013, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/10/2013 17:40, Baz wrote:
I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have been
swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Baz

I'm not surprised! Poor you! It must be really painful. Hope you
manage a good night's rest and feel a bit better tomorrow. You have my
considerable sympathy.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 10-10-2013, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote

I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have been
swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Sorry to hear that. Nasty little b'gers, you may remember that last year I
ran over a wasp nest that was in the ground whilst mowing the allotment
road, they chased me the length of the site stinging me the whole time.
Luckily I am not allergic.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:15:12 PM UTC+1, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Baz" wrote

I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have been

swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Sorry to hear that. Nasty little b'gers, you may remember that last year I

ran over a wasp nest that was in the ground whilst mowing the allotment

road, they chased me the length of the site stinging me the whole time.

Luckily I am not allergic.

I have become allergic since disturbing two wasps nests about ten years ago on the same day and getting stung badly all over. I only discovered the allergy last year when I was stung by a hornet and ended up in A&E.I now have an epi pen.

Jonathan

Old 11-10-2013, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:40:28 GMT, Baz wrote:

I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have
been swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

I can't decided if that would be my most scary moment or not.

Currently that is held by being sat on the bare earth in a temporary
air raid shelter made out of sand filled oil drums with 1" gaps
between them dressed in shorts and T shirt surounded by RAF ground
crew who had every scrap of Nuclear, Biological and Chemical suit on
that they had. You could see the fear in *their* eyes through the
full face masks...

This was out in Bahrian just before Gulf War I kicked off and Mr
Hussain was "test firing" missiles the direction and payload
(explosive/chemical) wasn't known.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-10-10 19:53:37 +0100, Baz said:

David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 17:40, Baz wrote:
I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have
been swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Baz

I got done over by bees many years ago, my own fault, I was using a
tractor Rotavator and rotovated across the front of 3 hives, they took
exception.
Wasps, I would have been dead in less than 10 mins with the number of
stings I had.
David @ a colder but rain free side of Swansea Bay.

Lucky me then. I have a bit of an escape.I just dont know why they picked
on me. and i feel a bit sick as well

Coming in a day late but you may need an injection from your doc. I'm
allergic to bees and swell up alarmingly if stung. But a number of
stings produces a really dangerous reaction from either wasps or bees
in some people. It's probably worth a chat with the doctor anyway. This
time of year they're either very dozy and crawling into unexpected
shelves etc. or even shoes! I believe there's a theory that the later
in the season, the more venom in the sting but I don't know if that's
true. You have my deep sympathy, it hurts like hell. Someone here got
two stings on her nose the other day, while standing under an apple
tree. It was not a pretty sight but she had no allergic reaction,
thank goodness.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 11-10-2013, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Many thanks for that David, I will inform her. What we usually do is steer
very clear of Wasps and Bees if they turn up. I usually steer her away from
the Wasp or Bee and deal with it myself as they don't affect me.

We had huge swarm of Bees alight on the back of one of the chairs round the
swimming pool as we went through the Panama Canal on our World Cruise. A Bee
Keeper came on board when we got to the other end and dealt with it!

My wife stayed VERY clear! There was plenty more open space available!

Thanks again

Mike

Old 11-10-2013, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Baz" wrote

I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have been
swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Sorry to hear that. Nasty little b'gers, you may remember that last year I
ran over a wasp nest that was in the ground whilst mowing the allotment
road, they chased me the length of the site stinging me the whole time.
Luckily I am not allergic.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Unfortunately, the next time (hopefully never) you get stung by a wasp/bee
you may still suffer anaphylactic shock.

Fingers crossed eh?

Bill

the feathers, channels, and discussions are all scared and nineteenth-century john winston Ponds 0 25-12-2007 07:51 PM
State officials scared by drought raeannsimpson Gardening 9 29-09-2007 01:33 PM
Scared fish, string algae and thank you for moderating RG Ponds (moderated) 18 03-05-2007 11:20 AM
Scared Fish Smitty Ponds (moderated) 0 26-04-2007 03:55 AM
scared fish Chrislette Cherveny Ponds 2 08-07-2006 01:58 PM