Old 24-01-2014, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lady's Gardeneing Gloves

I have quite small hands and I struggle to find lady's gardening
gloves which are not too big for me.
Can anyone recommend a particular brand/source please?
Old 24-01-2014, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/01/2014 22:24, Liz French wrote:

I have quite small hands and I struggle to find lady's gardening
gloves which are not too big for me.
Can anyone recommend a particular brand/source please?

Try googling Children's gardening gloves UK
Old 24-01-2014, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/01/2014 22:24, Liz French wrote:

I have quite small hands and I struggle to find lady's gardening
gloves which are not too big for me.
Can anyone recommend a particular brand/source please?

It would help to know what size you need *and* type of glove preferred.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 25-01-2014, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 23:06:03 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 24/01/2014 22:24, Liz French wrote:

I have quite small hands and I struggle to find lady's gardening
gloves which are not too big for me.
Can anyone recommend a particular brand/source please?

It would help to know what size you need *and* type of glove preferred.

I am not expecting you to supply them.
I am interested in brands/source for "small - lady's gardening
gloves".Full Stop. Not too difficult?
(I love when you get smart arses on these groups)
The suggestion of childrens glove was a good one.

Old 25-01-2014, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Liz French" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 15:13:12 -0000, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 23:06:03 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 24/01/2014 22:24, Liz French wrote:

I have quite small hands and I struggle to find lady's gardening
gloves which are not too big for me.
Can anyone recommend a particular brand/source please?

It would help to know what size you need *and* type of glove preferred.

I am not expecting you to supply them.
I am interested in brands/source for "small - lady's gardening
gloves".Full Stop. Not too difficult?

Any large garden centre sells different TYPES of gardening gloves in
sizes from small to large. How easy is that?

The reason for my post is that I have tried the local gardening
centres - and all ladies gloves there are too big.
Hence my starightforward question here.
I see you really know how to encourage new joiners to the group: or is
it a private memebrs club?

Not a private member club Liz but very cliquey and you have to 'be in' an
send each other open emails for everyone to see.

You will see what I mean by the response I get to this posting. (Upset them
tooooooooooooo much and you get the threat of a letter to your family ;-)

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk
www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk
www.nsrafa.org

Old 25-01-2014, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/01/2014 14:56, Liz French wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 23:06:03 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 24/01/2014 22:24, Liz French wrote:

I have quite small hands and I struggle to find lady's gardening
gloves which are not too big for me.
Can anyone recommend a particular brand/source please?

It would help to know what size you need *and* type of glove preferred.

I am not expecting you to supply them.
I am interested in brands/source for "small - lady's gardening
gloves".Full Stop. Not too difficult?
(I love when you get smart arses on these groups)
The suggestion of childrens glove was a good one.

Well, the sarcasm wasn't really necessary; I was simply trying to find
out your size (so I can compare with my own experience) and whether or
not you prefer cotton/canvas/leather gloves.

Without that information, I can merely tell you that I use the Aquasure
pvc gloves in size 6/7 and find them just about right. I have also
tried a floral cotton canvas glove which fits but is more snug. I also
find when I wash the latter, that they come up even smaller and I have
occasionally passed them on to a friend with tiny hands. You may find
this your most useful approach. Alas, I cannot remember the brand name,
but if I can find out I will post a link here.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 25-01-2014, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/01/2014 15:32, Liz French wrote:
[...]

Actually, Liz, we're a very friendly newsgroup and welcome newcomers,
but we often have to ask a few questions to tailor the answer to the
Original Poster (OP); yourself in this instance. Please try and be
patient with this process - we're only trying to help.

Do hang around and make use of this helpful group. I hope you manage to
find the gloves you need.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 25-01-2014, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-01-25 14:56:23 +0000, Liz French said:

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 23:06:03 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 24/01/2014 22:24, Liz French wrote:

I have quite small hands and I struggle to find lady's gardening
gloves which are not too big for me.
Can anyone recommend a particular brand/source please?

It would help to know what size you need *and* type of glove preferred.

I am not expecting you to supply them.
I am interested in brands/source for "small - lady's gardening
gloves".Full Stop. Not too difficult?
(I love when you get smart arses on these groups)
The suggestion of childrens glove was a good one.

What a response to a perfectly reasonable question. Knowing those two
details would have enabled us to help you much more easily, as we use
different gloves for different jobs. Today, cutting back a rose, I
was wearing some gauntlets that go way up past my wrists and have
leather palms. Another day, I would want something lighter and finer so
that I could feel what I was doing more easily. Why should anyone do
your research for you after that piece of abysmal rudeness? I can't
think of one good reason why any urgler should bother to spend one more
second on you and your vile temper. We're not paid to run around after
you.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com