Old 01-02-2014, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Yet more rain

"Emery Davis" wrote

David Hill wrote:

I just wish that the wind was a drying one instead of bringing more
rain.
We are 450ft up and can see the Mumbles from here, and in the the last
12 hours it has been gusting to 50mph, most of the time 60mph and over
with a top so far of 75mph David

We has 1.2 inches during about an hour during the night. Lots of roads
flooded, I don't know of a stream that hasn't left it's bed.

We were just commenting that if it does freeze hard, the ground will be a
solid block of ice, it's that saturated. Can't be good for roots...

Funny you should mention roots but I dug up some leeks for soup the other
day and they had a few strange red streaks in them down to the root, only
the top couple of layers but I have never ever seen the like before. Friends
wife told me when he brought some leeks home from his plot the Leak Moth
grubs were alive and well and still eating the middle of the leek, they
didn't get used!
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.