Old 20-02-2014, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT A Question

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:40:32 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

The answer is Plugstreet is the place where the famous football match
between the German and British trenches took place on Christmas day
1914.

But you'd have to accept 'the memorial to the missing', 'the forest
cemetery' and 'the Winston Churchill plaque' as equally valid answers.
Old 20-02-2014, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes
"Bob Hobden" wrote..

Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will
know it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the
answer, I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Firstly, thank you all for participating, in view of the response I
think, as I suspected, it too hard a question so won't use it.

The answer is Plugstreet is the place where the famous football match
between the German and British trenches took place on Christmas day
1914.

The real name of the town is Ploegsteert and it's in Belgium but the
Tommys called it Plugstreet and the name stuck.

You could modify the question to perhaps make it less difficult:- Which
famous football match took place in Plugstreet?
--
bert
Old 20-02-2014, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Derek Turner" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:

The answer is Plugstreet is the place where the famous football match
between the German and British trenches took place on Christmas day
1914.

But you'd have to accept 'the memorial to the missing', 'the forest
cemetery' and 'the Winston Churchill plaque' as equally valid answers.

Well, as Bert has suggested, I could slightly change the question to ask,
what one off sporting event took place at Plugstreet.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 20-02-2014, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-02-20 17:33:35 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

"Derek Turner" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:

The answer is Plugstreet is the place where the famous football match
between the German and British trenches took place on Christmas day
1914.

But you'd have to accept 'the memorial to the missing', 'the forest
cemetery' and 'the Winston Churchill plaque' as equally valid answers.

Well, as Bert has suggested, I could slightly change the question to
ask, what one off sporting event took place at Plugstreet.

Perfect. I hope you'll tell us how many correct answers you get!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com