Old 18-02-2014, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT A Question

Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 18-02-2014, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/02/2014 17:30, Bob Hobden wrote:
Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Clueless!
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 18-02-2014, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-02-18 17:54:42 +0000, Spider said:

On 18/02/2014 17:30, Bob Hobden wrote:
Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Clueless!

No idea!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 18-02-2014, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/02/2014 17:30, Bob Hobden wrote:
Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Sorry, no idea.

--
Pete C
adventure before dementure
Old 18-02-2014, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

None of them left now

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk
www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk
www.nsrafa.org

Old 18-02-2014, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 17:30:44 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

No idea.

Nor care. But I do know about Plug from Bash Street :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-02-2014, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 17:30:44 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

No idea.

Nor care. But I do know about Plug from Bash Street :-)

I contradict myself. So I contradict myself? I am large - I
contain multitudes.

I did look it it, should have known it, and do care.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 19-02-2014, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

No idea

Pam in Bristol
Old 19-02-2014, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote..

Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Firstly, thank you all for participating, in view of the response I think,
as I suspected, it too hard a question so won't use it.

The answer is Plugstreet is the place where the famous football match
between the German and British trenches took place on Christmas day 1914.

The real name of the town is Ploegsteert and it's in Belgium but the Tommys
called it Plugstreet and the name stuck.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 19-02-2014, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote..

Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Firstly, thank you all for participating, in view of the response I think,
as I suspected, it too hard a question so won't use it.

The answer is Plugstreet is the place where the famous football match
between the German and British trenches took place on Christmas day 1914.

The real name of the town is Ploegsteert and it's in Belgium but the Tommys
called it Plugstreet and the name stuck.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

A few years back I had a part in the play "Oh What a Lovely War" and if
anybody has seen the stage play of that with the commentary and the back
projections, they will know just how stupid and wasteful war is. Any war,
but that one, if you listen and understand and 'picture' what is being said
and done, even more so. Even those who had nothing to say, I only had a few
lines in it, came off stage at the end 'drained'.

One night we had some of the 'Old Contemptible' widows in and sat them in
the front rows. Anybody who has been on stage will know that the lighting is
such that you cannot see the audience, maybe not, but we saw the white of
the handkerchiefs come out.

Coincidence this should come up because I have just got back from the
Theatre taking some shots to go on The Theatre's Trust web site to show the
improvements done since the last set were put up

http://www.theatrestrust.org.uk/reso...theatre/images

before we rescued it. And to show that it is live theatre, I was asked to
take a photo of the present set, an Agatha Christie play "The Hollow".

Old 19-02-2014, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/02/2014 12:40, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote..

Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will
know it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the
answer, I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Firstly, thank you all for participating, in view of the response I
think, as I suspected, it too hard a question so won't use it.

The answer is Plugstreet is the place where the famous football match
between the German and British trenches took place on Christmas day 1914.

The real name of the town is Ploegsteert and it's in Belgium but the
Tommys called it Plugstreet and the name stuck.

Very interesting, Bob. I knew the story but not the name connected with
it. As you say, a bit too hard for Quiz Night.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 20-02-2014, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:40:32 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote..

Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Firstly, thank you all for participating, in view of the response I think,
as I suspected, it too hard a question so won't use it.

The answer is Plugstreet is the place where the famous football match
between the German and British trenches took place on Christmas day 1914.

The real name of the town is Ploegsteert and it's in Belgium but the Tommys
called it Plugstreet and the name stuck.

Interesting fact, Bob. Somebody might know it. Don't NOT include it
just because none of us did. We will remember it now.
Thanks for educating us a bit.

Pam in Bristol