Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
Yes, it'll grow in the UK, but it's a huge tree - I'm not recommending it!

How bad is your drainage problem - how deep does the water get? How often? How long does it take to drain away? Is there anywhere for it to drain to, or is your garden at the lowest point? My garden gets up to 6inches deep at the bottom end, but it drains away within 24 hours, so I don't worry about it, and just make sure I don't grow plants that like good drainage.

Whereabouts in the country are you?

Is your soil sandy or clay-ey? How well will it hold moisture in the summer?
it gets about two to three inches deep and it took about a day and a half so not too long really i'd just prefer it to be gone as theres no visible area of drainage. the soil is like a clay-ey (to use your term) mud but no actual clay (or none ive seen yet as i am yet to start doing any digging).