Old 06-04-2014, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Asian bean

The other week when I was in an Asian shop I picked up a green pod of
beans, with the shop keepers knowledge,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps96287fb4.jpg

I've no idea of the type of bean.
Well I left it to dry out without a lot of hope, but a few days ago I
opened the pod and extracted the 3 beans and put them into a pot.
Now I have 2 of the 3 up and I am expecting the 3rd to follow on.
Now I have to decide if I grow them on to crop inside.
Any ideas as to what type of bean they are?
David @ a wet and murky side of Swansea Bay.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote:

I've no idea of the type of bean.
Well I left it to dry out without a lot of hope, but a few days ago I
opened the pod and extracted the 3 beans and put them into a pot.
Now I have 2 of the 3 up and I am expecting the 3rd to follow on.

Looking at the pod, I first thought "snow pea," but suspect it's some sort
of soybean, from the small number of beans in the pod.
Unless you're _really_ hurting for space, it would be fun to grow them out
and see what happens!

Is a runner bean a runner bean lloyd United Kingdom 9 28-09-2009 10:12 PM
dwarf french bean or broad bean? Amber Ormerod United Kingdom 12 06-09-2004 04:17 PM
Asian Mayapples Ann Gardening 9 22-05-2003 09:32 PM
Asian Water Spinach? H8That Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 20-04-2003 06:15 AM
Asian Pear in WA. Where to Buy? Kenneth D. Schillinger Edible Gardening 1 01-04-2003 05:32 AM