Old 30-04-2014, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Palm Tree 'Star burst'

Our neighbours put a new fence in for us over the winter and when the sun
came out yesterday, there was a fantastic shadow of the Palm Tree on the
fence panel. The sun was much brighter today. Take a look at
http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-CCTMS...-of-Other.html Of course as
the sun gets higher in the sky the effect will wear off.

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk

Old 30-04-2014, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 12:37:46 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Our neighbours put a new fence in for us over the winter and when the sun
came out yesterday, there was a fantastic shadow of the Palm Tree on the
fence panel. The sun was much brighter today. Take a look at
http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-CCTMS...-of-Other.html Of course as
the sun gets higher in the sky the effect will wear off.

Mike

I like that. A brilliant bit of design!

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com

Old 30-04-2014, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Our neighbours put a new fence in for us over the winter and when the sun
came out yesterday, there was a fantastic shadow of the Palm Tree on the
fence panel. The sun was much brighter today. Take a look at
http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-CCTMS...-of-Other.html Of course as
the sun gets higher in the sky the effect will wear off.

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk

Its a lovely picture Mike (but its not a palm tree!)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 01-05-2014, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message ...

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Our neighbours put a new fence in for us over the winter and when the sun
came out yesterday, there was a fantastic shadow of the Palm Tree on the
fence panel. The sun was much brighter today. Take a look at
http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-CCTMS...-of-Other.html Of course as
the sun gets higher in the sky the effect will wear off.

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk

Its a lovely picture Mike (but its not a palm tree!)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Thanks Charlie. And thanks for pointing out it's not a Palm. I have actually
had two of the emails I received pointed out to me it's the 'Palm like'
Cordyline. One asked how old it was. As far as I can tell it would be about
20 years old, maybe not quite age but not far off. Got another about 10
years old.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

This will do as a Palm won't it Charlie ;-) ?

http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-3WER6...-of-Other.html

This one is in the front garden

Old 01-05-2014, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
This will do as a Palm won't it Charlie ;-) ?

http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-3WER6...-of-Other.html

This one is in the front garden

Mike

Yes, that's Trachycarpus fortunei which is indeed a proper palm, the
Cordylines are more closely related to Agave and Lilies than palms.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

star dropper star picket | || ||| ||||| || | Australia 0 02-05-2011 06:28 AM
Howeara Lava Burst Ray Orchids 4 22-10-2005 11:38 PM
Supply Sago Palm (Cycas revolute), Finger Palm (Rhapis ,Windmill palm (Trachycarpus garrytsen Marketplace 0 24-08-2005 01:11 AM
Burst pressure testing poly-pipe Rod Out back Australia 1 18-04-2004 07:03 AM