Old 05-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Harry Muscle

Default Sprinkler Timer that doesn't stack start times (water cycle)

I was wondering if anyone is aware of a timer for sprinklers that doesn't
stack the start times of the different zones. I need a timer for at least 4
zones and I need all of them to be on at the same time for part of the day.
Does anyone know of such a product?

Thanks,
Harry

Old 06-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Vox Humana

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone is aware of a timer for sprinklers that doesn't
stack the start times of the different zones. I need a timer for at least

4
zones and I need all of them to be on at the same time for part of the

day.
Does anyone know of such a product?

I don't know of a specific timer that will do what you want, but you could
use x-10 relay modules and control them from your computer to turn on/off up
to 256 times a day in any combination you want. I have controlled some
irrigation vales this way for hanging baskets and containers that I want to
mist several times a day for a minute or two.

Old 06-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Bob

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone is aware of a timer for sprinklers that doesn't
stack the start times of the different zones. I need a timer for at least

4
zones and I need all of them to be on at the same time for part of the

day.
Does anyone know of such a product?

You could just wire the four valves to one "zone", or to a relay controlled
by the timer, and a larger 24VAC transformer controlled by that, if needed.
But, do you have enough water supply to handle 4 zones on at a time?

Bob

Old 06-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Harry Muscle

"Bob" wrote in message

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone is aware of a timer for sprinklers that

doesn't
stack the start times of the different zones. I need a timer for at

least
4
zones and I need all of them to be on at the same time for part of the

day.
Does anyone know of such a product?

You could just wire the four valves to one "zone", or to a relay

controlled
by the timer, and a larger 24VAC transformer controlled by that, if

needed.
But, do you have enough water supply to handle 4 zones on at a time?

Bob

The problem is not that I need all four zones to be on all at the exact same
time. I need all four zones to be on at different times, but all of these
four different times overlap each other at some points in the day. Hope
that makes more sense.

Harry

Old 06-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Tom Jaszewski

Several commercial timers will do what you want for a lot of money. My
Calsense system also tracks flow, has alerts for over/under flows,
uses ET data and costs several thousand dollars.

Rainbird controllers can overlap programs ESP-8MC will do this. Other
controllers has the ability to run D-drip program simultaneously with
program A, B or C to maximize hydraulic capacity and minimize watering
time.

$467 USD for an 8 station.

http://www.rainbird.com/landscape/pr...lers/espmc.htm

On Mon, 5 May 2003 09:53:23 -0400, "Harry Muscle"
wrote:

I was wondering if anyone is aware of a timer for sprinklers that doesn't
stack the start times of the different zones. I need a timer for at least 4
zones and I need all of them to be on at the same time for part of the day.
Does anyone know of such a product?

Thanks,
Harry

"Nature, left alone, is in perfect balance.
Harmful insects and plant diseases are always present,
but do not occur in nature to an extent which requires the use of poisonous chemicals.
The sensible approach to disease and insect control is to grow sturdy crops in a healthy environment."

Masanobu Fukuoka, One Straw Revolution--1978

Old 06-05-2003, 02:32 AM
TakeThisOut

There's another way to assure a constant start time for each zone, get an
8-zone controller and only use zone 1-3-5 & 7. If zone 1 is 20 mins and starts
at 9am, and you want your next zone to start at 10am, then set unused zone 2
for 40 mins.

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
TAKETHISOUT budysbackagain(@)THAT TOO a-oh-ell dot com
Old 06-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Bob

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message

The problem is not that I need all four zones to be on all at the exact

same
time. I need all four zones to be on at different times, but all of these
four different times overlap each other at some points in the day. Hope
that makes more sense.

It is the rare water supply that will supply enough water for more than one
large zone at a time.

Bob

Old 06-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Tom Jaszewski

with drip zones it's common practice.

Old 09-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Warren Lohoff

I am connected with a company that offers a product that will allow up to 4
of the 8 zones to overlapped as you describe.

It is modified version of our standard Rain8 X10 irrigation controller and
has the same features as described on the Rain8 website, with the above
exception. The intended application is drip irrigation and greenhouse
misting.

If X10 operation is not wanted, we also offer a PC driven (RS232) 8 zone
irrigation controller.

For more information please email me a .

I hope this did not come accross as an advertisement and that it was useful
to someone.

Warren Lohoff
WGL & Associates

"Bob" wrote in message

[...]

[IMG] code is On

moveing sprinkler timer genius Lawns 2 04-05-2012 06:19 PM
Peter Ho has different ideas. With a stack of films and TV dramasunder his belt as well as proving to be a hit in Crouching Tiger, HiddenDragon, he's hoping the Bond producers will encourage a different directionwith a Chinese Bond. Dressed to impres [email protected] Gardening 0 21-04-2008 09:53 AM
How to Stack Log Pile? Davy United Kingdom 14 27-06-2006 10:38 AM
OT-resetting start time on a faucet hose timer jhill Texas 2 10-11-2004 08:54 PM
Answer to ? about drip-irrigation/sprinkler timer HA HA Budys Here Gardening 0 25-09-2004 11:22 AM