Old 26-05-2014, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardens to visit, Norfolk

We haven't seen this garden ourselves but it belongs to
friends/customers and judging by what they plant and what they talk
about, it must be well worth it. Visitors, garden clubs & groups are
welcome by appointment and it opens for the NGS, too. Furze House,
Harleston Road, Rushall, Diss IP21 4RT.
http://www.ngs.org.uk/gardens/find-a....aspx?id=22950

And the other, which we did visit a few years ago and which has an
enormous amount to see and wonder over is East Ruston Old Vicarage
Gardens, also in Norfolk.
http://www.e-ruston-oldvicaragegarde...w/564/home.htm
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 27-05-2014, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/05/2014 16:24, Sacha wrote:
We haven't seen this garden ourselves but it belongs to
friends/customers and judging by what they plant and what they talk
about, it must be well worth it. Visitors, garden clubs & groups are
welcome by appointment and it opens for the NGS, too. Furze House,
Harleston Road, Rushall, Diss IP21 4RT.
http://www.ngs.org.uk/gardens/find-a....aspx?id=22950

And the other, which we did visit a few years ago and which has an
enormous amount to see and wonder over is East Ruston Old Vicarage
Gardens, also in Norfolk.
http://www.e-ruston-oldvicaragegarde...w/564/home.htm

I agree with East Ruston.
Old 29-05-2014, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/05/2014 16:24, Sacha wrote:
We haven't seen this garden ourselves but it belongs to
friends/customers and judging by what they plant and what they talk
about, it must be well worth it. Visitors, garden clubs & groups are
welcome by appointment and it opens for the NGS, too. Furze House,
Harleston Road, Rushall, Diss IP21 4RT.
http://www.ngs.org.uk/gardens/find-a....aspx?id=22950

And the other, which we did visit a few years ago and which has an
enormous amount to see and wonder over is East Ruston Old Vicarage
Gardens, also in Norfolk.
http://www.e-ruston-oldvicaragegarde...w/564/home.htm

Thanks for the info about Furze House. When we do get some time (and
weather) to go garden visiting it'll be another to look out for. I must
get a copy of this year's Norfolk NGS open gardens booklet, as last
year's was very handy.

BTW, if anyone is out in that Harleston/ Dickleburgh area, there's a
nice little nursery called Blacksmiths Cottage Nursery that's worth a
visit. They also run various local RHS events from time to time that
both members & non-members can attend. http://www.blackcottnursery.co.uk/

I have no connection with them other than as an occasional customer
(before certain trollish persons start banging on again about advertising).

--
Sue
Old 29-05-2014, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-05-29 16:52:03 +0000, Indigo said:

[...]

Actually, advertising is permitted under certain 'rules', so ignore
that nonsense!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Article wanted on gardens to visit in W. Wales Bill Stewart United Kingdom 2 16-09-2003 11:12 PM
Gardens and Nusery's to visit Rene Blom United Kingdom 3 26-07-2003 06:35 PM
[IBC] Longwood Gardens visit David J. Bockman Bonsai 3 26-01-2003 12:37 AM
Longwood Gardens visit Pardes Bonsai 1 25-01-2003 02:53 PM
nurserys / gardens near Bristol to visit Jill United Kingdom 12 20-01-2003 10:28 AM