Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2014, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Request for plant ids

I was wondering if anyone would recognise any of the 6 plants in this
photoset please? All growing on heavy non alkaline clay.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/timjwa...7644693912260/

A couple of bushes I'm trying to decide whether to keep or not ("Boring
shrub" and "Fluffy bush"). Not sure about "Tree" either. It's green -
that's all I can say about it. It's also over a sewer line so I'm
interested if its roots are likely to be evil and far reaching...

The others I am merely curious:

"Ground stuff" is quite nice and soft - wondering whether to encourage it.

"Dead shrub" is very weird - looks like a dried twig half the year, then
does a Lazarus in about May.

"Nice tree" is really rather pretty. Slow growing, bendy twisty branches.

I've uncovered all of these since hacking back the jungle that used to
be here...

Many many thanks if anyone has any ideas?

And HOW do you ID plants, apart from knowing what lots of them look
like? It's not something Google image matching helps with and I'm too
ill informed (though I'd like to improve).

Cheers

Tim

Request for plant ids Tim Watts[_3_] United Kingdom 5 06-07-2014 12:38 PM
Plant IDs - please janka Plant Science 6 27-01-2007 04:58 PM
Two plant IDs please Sacha United Kingdom 6 19-11-2006 11:50 PM
Tropical Plant IDs James Gardening 8 13-05-2004 02:02 PM
websites for plant photos / ids Niall Smyth United Kingdom 4 23-09-2003 02:29 AM