Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-06-2014, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT web site question

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 14:08:46 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

Changing the file format was easy and quick, I have looked at HTML5 but
I am not sure if/how I can change at least the home page over to that?
You must understand I am a bear of little brain and don't really want to
spend hours re doing 800 pages on my web site just so a couple of clips
work. but if there is a way I can re code the home page I will give that
a go.

Depends what plain text editor you have, notepad will do. I'd play on
a test page to begin with, so as you are familiar with Frontpage
create a new blank page, with a bit of text like "Edit here", save
and then open it in notepad. Find the HTML5 code example posted
earlier and copy it into the file in notepad, where the text "Edit
here" appears, change the filenames etc to match your files. Save and
see what happens if you load that page into a browser. GIYF for help
on the tags used, http://www.w3schools.com is pretty good, well I
like it, "the try it yourself" feature is a quick way of tweaking
things and seeing their effect.

I am sure the un flattering comments about my old Frontpage program are
completely justified but it did the job at the time and was free as some
gave it to me when upgrading.

It does have a very poor reputation. tends to produce code that is
many times the size it needs to be, code that is non-standards
compliant, code that relys on certain Microsoft extensions that not
all Microsoft products supported. But this is a long time ago ...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Best site for freelancer work (PHP, Web site, java, oracle sql, php,data entry) arti United Kingdom 0 04-07-2009 03:53 PM
Web site question harry wong Orchids 2 30-12-2003 05:32 PM
[IBC] Vendor links by state on NBF site [Was: [IBC] Web Site Changes] Chris Cochrane Bonsai 0 04-08-2003 03:22 PM
Web hosting for your gardening web site. $1.95 per month Hostronica Web Hosting Gardening 0 01-05-2003 06:56 AM
Web site question! XdjipsterX Bonsai 0 03-03-2003 04:51 PM