Old 06-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Glenda Young

Default The joy of gardening

Of all the joys that gardening has brought over the last year and a
bit since we moved into our house, today has probably been the most
rewarding - when the two robins that feed from our table every day
brought their fledging to visit. Wonderful.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Adrian Jones

I actually saw a bird at my birdfeeder today - the first one I've seen at
the feeder in months. I think it was a blue tit (it was little and bluish
and cute). However, not half an hour later a magpie flew down, picked up
TWO of the fat balls from the feeder and flew off with them in its beak. I
was mad and ran out screeching but it was too late! Those fat balls ain't
cheap either!

Old 07-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Charlie

Don't you secure them down? We get magpies and pigeons so we have a nail in
the birdtable that we tie them to.

Charlie.

"Adrian Jones" wrote in message
I actually saw a bird at my birdfeeder today - the first one I've seen at
the feeder in months. I think it was a blue tit (it was little and bluish
and cute). However, not half an hour later a magpie flew down, picked up
TWO of the fat balls from the feeder and flew off with them in its beak.

was mad and ran out screeching but it was too late! Those fat balls ain't
cheap either!

"Glenda Young" wrote in message
Of all the joys that gardening has brought over the last year and a
bit since we moved into our house, today has probably been the most
rewarding - when the two robins that feed from our table every day
brought their fledging to visit. Wonderful.

---

Joy Larkcom Book Poppy United Kingdom 3 31-08-2005 09:30 PM
Sedum "Autumn Joy" problem new england gal Gardening 1 09-07-2005 07:09 AM
Pride & Joy Graham Ramsay Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:10 AM
The Joy of gardening BBC1 27/12/2002 8 pm Jim A United Kingdom 0 01-01-2003 09:42 AM