Old 02-01-2015, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Start as you mean to go on.

On the way back from the last hospital appointment of the week we went
to Wyevale to see what they had reduced, got a couple of Large Azaleas
(Indoor) for £6.00 each down from £14.99 as well as 3 Odontoglossum
orchids at just £7.00 each
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psb9cad8b2.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psfc3960d5.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps0e3dd715.jpg
David@ a rain free side of Swansea Bay
Old 02-01-2015, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 02/01/2015 17:21, David wrote:
On the way back from the last hospital appointment of the week we went
to Wyevale to see what they had reduced, got a couple of Large Azaleas
(Indoor) for £6.00 each down from £14.99 as well as 3 Odontoglossum
orchids at just £7.00 each
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psb9cad8b2.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psfc3960d5.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps0e3dd715.jpg

David@ a rain free side of Swansea Bay

Splendid! I particularly like the yellow one - very nice indeed.
I rarely see Odontoglossoms at either of my local-ish Wyevales. I have
to consider myself lucky if I see a decent Cambria type. Miltoniopsis
occasionally shows up, but not in the best condition. You're very lucky
to get those at such decent prices. Keep up the good work.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 03-01-2015, 06:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 02/01/2015 22:33, Spider wrote:
On 02/01/2015 17:21, David wrote:
On the way back from the last hospital appointment of the week we went
to Wyevale to see what they had reduced, got a couple of Large Azaleas
(Indoor) for £6.00 each down from £14.99 as well as 3 Odontoglossum
orchids at just £7.00 each
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psb9cad8b2.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psfc3960d5.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps0e3dd715.jpg

David@ a rain free side of Swansea Bay

Splendid! I particularly like the yellow one - very nice indeed.
I rarely see Odontoglossoms at either of my local-ish Wyevales. I have
to consider myself lucky if I see a decent Cambria type. Miltoniopsis
occasionally shows up, but not in the best condition. You're very lucky
to get those at such decent prices. Keep up the good work.

I'd have a look now Spider they were brought in at a special price, and
they had 2 more boxes of them waiting to be put out.
Well worth a visit.
David
Old 03-01-2015, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/01/2015 06:33, David wrote:
[...]

I'll drop a heavy hint, but all our Wyevales are a (hubby driven) car
trip away, so I'm not holding my breath. I'll probably just get the
usual "You've got too many orchids already". Mmmmm .. I'm not sure what
that means;~)
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 09-01-2015, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David" wrote

On the way back from the last hospital appointment of the week we went to
Wyevale to see what they had reduced, got a couple of Large Azaleas
(Indoor) for £6.00 each down from £14.99 as well as 3 Odontoglossum orchids
at just £7.00 each
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psb9cad8b2.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psfc3960d5.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps0e3dd715.jpg

Had a look in Wyvales and noticed the grower

http://www.inca-orchids.nl/EN/index.php

Their site shows the correct scientific names for these orchids, some have 5
genera in their breeding.

Yes I did buy some with my Christmas money. :-)

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

When do you start tomato seeds/when do you set them outdoors? dave213 Lawns 6 21-02-2010 10:08 PM
are you rude, I mean, changing at rural walnuts Felix United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 01:10 PM
are you humble, I mean, cooking at lower frames K. G. MacCallum Orchids 0 04-12-2003 05:12 AM
you mean like this Mick Jim S Orchids 0 13-06-2003 01:56 AM
mesembryantheanthermumumum (you know what I mean) varieties Victoria Clare United Kingdom 2 11-06-2003 10:44 PM