Old 07-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Rick McGreal

Default Nettle manure

'Ullo all....

Well.....After about 3 weeks I reckoned my nettle manure was done....It had
all turned to this green goop and stank like the heavens....B-)

So....With thick rubber gloves..wellies and a gas mask I tiopped it all
into my watering can......And sprinkled the grass/basses or plants.....

Good grief......
The smell is BAD!!!!

No matter what peope said about it being bad I didn't believe them.....
Sheesh....I do now!

Anyone know how quick it dissipates?

I don't want my neighbours complaining at me!
Old 07-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Judy Rigby

Rick McGreal writes

Anyone know how quick it dissipates?

I don't want my neighbours complaining at me!

Don't worry, ducks. I don't think you're in any danger of the
neighbours getting anywhere like *near* enough to complain at you

I found the smell wore off the plants where I'd done foliar spraying
reasonably quickly ... maybe an hour or so ? Where I'd watered it onto
the soil, it seemed to linger a bit longer, but wasn't discernible by
the next day. As for my garage though, where I'm storing the finished
product in 2 litre plastic bottles ... well. I thought last year was bad
when the fox took to sleeping in there, but this has even *that*
olfactory horror well beaten ...
--
Judy
http://members.lycos.co.uk/bluelotusrising/index.html
Old 07-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Rick McGreal

Judy Rigby wrote in
:

Don't worry, ducks. I don't think you're in any danger of the
neighbours getting anywhere like *near* enough to complain at you

God I hope not!

I found the smell wore off the plants where I'd done foliar spraying
reasonably quickly ... maybe an hour or so ? Where I'd watered it onto
the soil, it seemed to linger a bit longer, but wasn't discernible by
the next day.

Well.....I've just now been outside...
you can't smell it so much....Unless you crouch down....If you put your
nose near the grass you can....

As for my garage though, where I'm storing the finished product in 2
litre plastic bottles ... well. I thought last year was bad when the fox
took to sleeping in there, but this has even *that* olfactory horror well
beaten ...

Yeah....The patch where I had the stuff brewing still smells now....
I only hope it goes within a few days other wise my tomatoes may curl!

Old 08-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Rick McGreal contains these words:

'Ullo all....

Well.....After about 3 weeks I reckoned my nettle manure was done....It had
all turned to this green goop and stank like the heavens....B-)

So....With thick rubber gloves..wellies and a gas mask I tiopped it all
into my watering can......And sprinkled the grass/basses or plants.....

Good grief......
The smell is BAD!!!!

No matter what peope said about it being bad I didn't believe them.....
Sheesh....I do now!

Every word written on urg is gospel truth, boyo. (Unless posted by
Queer Rodent).

Anyone know how quick it dissipates?

It wears off from ground/plants where you've watered it as soon as it
dries. Even tiny splashes on your clothes hair or skin can haunt you far
longer ;~}

I don't want my neighbours complaining at me!

OTOH, if one of them was having a noisy late night garden party...

Janet.

Old 09-05-2003, 09:32 AM
Rick McGreal

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

Every word written on urg is gospel truth, boyo.

Sheesh.....
Must learn to trust others explanations of bad smells! B-)

(Unless posted by Queer Rodent).

?

It wears off from ground/plants where you've watered it as soon as it
dries. Even tiny splashes on your clothes hair or skin can haunt you
far longer ;~}

Erk......I wore clothes that it didn't matter so I'm not too worried

OTOH, if one of them was having a noisy late night garden party...

They say that vengeance is sweet.....
Should that be changed to horrifically pungeant?