Old 10-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Mike

Default I've got the most smelly...

In article , Bigjon
writes

I doubt it. He's generalising because he knows no facts.

Facts?

1. My garden is not frequented by dogs crapping all over the place.
2. I don't have to cover up freshly prepared ground with wire netting to
stop dogs crapping on them, but I have because of cats.
3. I don't have dogs climbing over/under gates to get into the garden.
4. I haven't had to replace the tops of the fence panels where the
neighbours dogs have clawed them all up and ruined them.
5. I have had to replace them because of the cats though.
6. I haven't had to change small gravel for larger because of the dogs,
but for the cats, yes.

I tend to believe
that those who shout about something all the time are trying to divert
attention from their own failures and weakness's...

So my hatred of cats and the mess and damage they cause is because of a
failure and weakness I have is it? You have not studied Brahma Kumaris
then have you? That is 'your' weakness.

Ignore him when he trolls a cat thread, then he will stop.

My hatred for cats and the mess they make, will be when every one is
tied to it's 'owner' and said 'owner' will take responsibility of it. I
feel I have a very long wait.

plonk

That is slang for a very cheap wine, if that is your taste in wine then
we will not be drinking together. :-))

Mike
Om Shanti
Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Old 10-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Martin Sykes

"H" wrote in message
I/we wish :-((((((((((

*please*, can we make this a cat-free thread?

I want to know is what this awful-smelling plant is called. Anyone got any
ideas?

- h

I bought a bulb described as a 'voodoo lily' as a joke for a friend a while
back. The smell was terrible and the flower was the same style as you
describe but without the colouring so maybe yours is a different variety of
the same thing? A quick web search found several plants with the same name
but not quite matching your description.

Martin

Old 11-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Bigjon

Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 01:56:54 +0100

In a fit of excitement Mike uttered:

You have not studied Brahma Kumaris
then have you? That is 'your' weakness.

Oh my god - that's all I need - a geriatric hippie.....

I have, in my time (a few years ago, I might add), studied Brahma Kumaris
and The World Spiritual University, as well as the Haitian Cosetino, The
Peter Deyneka Russian Ministries in Moscow, The Armenian Apostolic Church,
The Spiritual Humanist clergy, and dozens more too numerous to list here.
Nowhere does it say to hate one species above or over another. Every living
thing has it's faults, and a genuinely humane and "spiritual" person would
learn to tolerate the foibles of lower species. It seems to me that the
methods of meditation expounded by Kumaris are lost on you, and that you
have failed to realise the inner peace that it can bring !

PS, Mine's a bottle of Red - I'm currently savouring a nice 1999 Napa
Valley Madrigal Cabernet Sauvignon......
Cheers !!
--
It's probably on
Old 11-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Mike

In article , Bigjon
writes

and you failed to read and understand 'Om Shanti' on my posting.

May I also respectively suggest you read 'The Long Closing'?

Mike