Old 07-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Registered User

Location: Coventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Burns[_4_] View Post
Malcolm Race wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

even though I'd ticked all the T&C buttons on the first page, so I
couldn't complete it ...

Same here. What browser were you using.

Firefox, I did figure out that I wasn't allowed to leave any sliders
hard over to the left, so I nudged them one click to the right, then it
accepted the page.
Many thanks to those that have filled it out already. I have changed the error message to explain more clearly that indeed you have to click each slider to activate it. If you leave a ball on the left you can simply click on it to ensure it is activated. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2015, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardening motivation survey - Will you help?

In article ,
lid says...

On Mon, 6 Jul 2015 17:53:19 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 7/6/2015 3:15 PM, Janet wrote:

I've got a kneeler like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-Ltd.../dp/B000TAUH8G

except mine has an extra layer of knee-friendly upholstery fixed on
with ducktape.

I never used to use it much, but nowadays I seem to use it daily, I
do a lot more gardening kneeling than I used to, and need those side
arms to push meself back upright after.

Mine is like this one -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-64970-Folding-Seat-Kneeler/dp/B0001K9ZAU/ref=sr_1_4?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1436219485&sr=1-4&keywords=garden+kneeler+seat

Is it strong enough to be used a step? I see another application for it, if it
is.

Upside down it's certainly strong enough to use as a raised seat.

I'd be wary of using it as a step though because there are only 2
points of ground contact which may not be stable enough for a higher
centre of gravity.

Janet.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7/7/2015 4:47 AM, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jul 2015 17:53:19 -0400, S Viemeister

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-64970-Folding-Seat-Kneeler/dp/B0001K9ZAU/ref=sr_1_4?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1436219485&sr=1-4&keywords=garden+kneeler+seat

Is it strong enough to be used a step? I see another application for it, if it
is.

Yes. I've used it that way when stripping wallpaper and painting. I use
it in the kneeling orientation though - I don't know that I'd trust
myself not to overbalance and fall, if I used it the other way round.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7/9/2015 4:07 AM, Ophelia wrote:

I use mine in the house too. Metal knees, so I have to kneel on my
shins)
Excellent bit of kit.

Mine is decorated (not intentionally, you understand) with splodges of
paint in an assortment of colours.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 7/9/2015 4:07 AM, Ophelia wrote:

I use mine in the house too. Metal knees, so I have to kneel on my
shins)
Excellent bit of kit.

Mine is decorated (not intentionally, you understand) with splodges of
paint in an assortment of colours.

Oddly enough ... ;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/