Old 11-10-2015, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cymbidium coming into flower again

It must be that time of year, I have 2 of my Cymbidium orchids with good
strong flower spikes.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote

It must be that time of year, I have 2 of my Cymbidium orchids with good
strong flower spikes.

Yes it's orchid flowering time again (for most). Three intergeneric crosses
I bought in Sainsbury's last year for £5 each are now either flowering or
coming into flower.
Prosthechea cochleata, which I have had for so long I can't remember where I
bought it, has been in flower for a month already with the first flowers now
past their best, this has to be the easiest species orchid to grow.
I'm now trying growing some Dendrobiums mounted on bark just to try the
method, healthy so far and they look so much better than in a pot.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.