Old 11-11-2015, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default News.individual.net - Bit OT

Following on from my recent PC problems I am now in the process of changing
everything over to a new one but I cant remember my password for this news
server. does anyone know what the details would be on the email telling me
the account details would have been so I can search back and hopefully find
it

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 11-11-2015, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

Charlie Pridham wrote:

Following on from my recent PC problems I am now in the process of
changing everything over to a new one but I cant remember my password
for this news server. does anyone know what the details would be on
the email telling me the account details would have been so I can
search back and hopefully find it

I don't know - it's too long ago for me - but from
http://news.individual.net/faq.php#4.2

4.2
I forgot my password. What should I do?
Please do not re-register.
Go to https://news.individual.net/selfcare/remail.php (also reachable
by choosing "My Account" from the menu on our website) where you will
find an interface for automatic retrieval of your account details.
If you cannot retrieve your account details through this interface,
please write an e-mail to " instead, and ask us to
resend your account data. The information will be e-mailed to you
either at the address you registered with, or - where applicable - at
the latest address you told us as your current (see #4.7 of our FAQ).
We ask for your understanding that we will - in your own interest - not
send account data to differing e-mail addresses if we cannot verify
that they are related to the account in question.

HTH

--
Chris
Old 12-11-2015, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/11/2015 10:25, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Following on from my recent PC problems I am now in the process of
changing everything over to a new one but I cant remember my password
for this news server. does anyone know what the details would be on the
email telling me the account details would have been so I can search
back and hopefully find it

Subject line = [XXXXXXX] Your account details for News.Individual.NET

Your User ID is: XXXXXXXXX (please include in any support request)

Please configure your newsreading software with the following
parameters:

Server/Newsserver News.Individual.NET
Username/Account XXXXXXX
Password XXXXXXX

Useful links you might want to bookmark:

* Configuration Guides
http://news.individual.net/config.php

* Manage your Account
https://news.individual.net/selfcare.php

* Forgotten Login Details
https://news.individual.net/selfcare/remail.php

* Our FAQ
http://news.individual.net/faq.php

* Rules for Usage
http://news.individual.net/rules.php

More information about our service is available on our website:

http://news.individual.net/

Please e-mail us at " in case of problems.

Enjoy reading NetNews!

Individual.NET NetNews Team

Old 12-11-2015, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/11/2015 17:49, alan_m wrote:
On 11/11/2015 10:25, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Following on from my recent PC problems I am now in the process of
changing everything over to a new one but I cant remember my password
for this news server. does anyone know what the details would be on the
email telling me the account details would have been so I can search
back and hopefully find it

Subject line = [XXXXXXX] Your account details for News.Individual.NET

[...]

Many thanks for the replies, I have now found that I had hidden away in
my paper filing system a copy of the original email dated 2006 and
linked to an email address long since abandoned!

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 14-11-2015, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
On 12/11/2015 17:49, alan_m wrote:
On 11/11/2015 10:25, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Following on from my recent PC problems I am now in the process of
changing everything over to a new one but I cant remember my password
for this news server. does anyone know what the details would be on the
email telling me the account details would have been so I can search
back and hopefully find it

I had the same problem when I got a new computer a while ago. Just e-mail
them, they are all nice and helpful and will help you sort it out. When you
mail them, a real person will reply.