Old 12-09-2018, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Winter colour

One of my terracotta pots currently has some Nicotiana, still
blooming freely.

When the plants eventually fade, I'm not sure what to replace
them with to provide interest during the winter. I've got bulbs
and pansies well covered elsewhere.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 13:38:27 +0100, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

One of my terracotta pots currently has some Nicotiana, still
blooming freely.

When the plants eventually fade, I'm not sure what to replace
them with to provide interest during the winter. I've got bulbs
and pansies well covered elsewhere.

Chris

I assume you mean to replace your nicotiana in the pot rather than
shrubs for the garden in general.

Hellebores, winter aconites (best planted in-the-green I believe),
varieties of erica carnea, some varieties of primrose and polyanthus
flower very early, cyclamen coum and many heucheras have very
colourful foliage.

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall, looking E, Sheltered and partially shaded by trees to the W and SW

Your winter colour suggestions skybluecat United Kingdom 0 27-11-2006 04:59 PM
Winter Colour skybluecat United Kingdom 4 25-11-2006 09:59 AM
Winter colour JennyC United Kingdom 8 30-10-2004 03:33 PM
Winter colour David United Kingdom 5 14-10-2004 07:24 PM
Winter colour Stephen Howard United Kingdom 0 05-12-2002 09:47 AM