Old 11-05-2003, 04:46 PM
eddy

Default OAPs fught over Hedge

when is the new law over hedges coming into force ??
its long overdue.
there needs to be a clearly defined height to stop this hassle.

Ananova:

Man dies after dispute over hedge

A pensioner is believed to have died from a heart attack after a
dispute with a neighbour over a hedge.

The pensioner is understood to have got into an argument with another
householder in Louth, Lincolnshire, over the cutting of the hedge.

A scuffle is thought to have ensued and the pensioner, who is believed
to have a history of heart trouble, was taken to the Louth County
Hospital, where he died shortly after 2pm.

Lincolnshire Police say a 63-year-old man was arrested after the
incident this afternoon and is being held at Skegness police station.

It is understood he was arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily
harm.

Story filed: 21:03 Saturday 10th May 2003

Old 11-05-2003, 07:21 PM
bnd777

Bill has received approval at Commitee stage in the Commons
Report stage is in a few weeks
see www.hedgeline.org for latest info

Old 11-05-2003, 10:34 PM
David

In article , eddy
writes
when is the new law over hedges coming into force ??
its long overdue.
there needs to be a clearly defined height to stop this hassle.

What height was the hedge then?
How do you know the dispute involved the height?
--
David
Old 11-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Essjay001

I suspect that when the new law comes into force there will be arrogant
*******s who will think that the new law does not apply to them, or that
"no law will make me cut my hedge"

Old 11-05-2003, 11:33 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"Essjay001" wrote in message
I suspect that when the new law comes into force there will be arrogant
*******s who will think that the new law does not apply to them, or that
"no law will make me cut my hedge"

Of course there will be, like there are those that think you can go at
traffic lights despite it not being green.
The point is with this law comes a legal way to settle a dispute fairly with
legal enforcement to back it up.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Old 11-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Anthony E Anson

The message
from "Sue & Bob Hobden" contains these words:
"Essjay001" wrote in message

I suspect that when the new law comes into force there will be arrogant
*******s who will think that the new law does not apply to them, or that
"no law will make me cut my hedge"

Of course there will be, like there are those that think you can go at
traffic lights despite it not being green.
The point is with this law comes a legal way to settle a dispute fairly with
legal enforcement to back it up.

The question of whether it is to be retrospective should be addressed.
"Well, my hedge was 250 feet high before the law was passed, so it's
exempt." would otherwise be an arguable case.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi
Old 12-05-2003, 12:33 AM
Paul Kelly

"Essjay001" wrote in message

The question of whether it is to be retrospective should be addressed.
"Well, my hedge was 250 feet high before the law was passed, so it's
exempt." would otherwise be an arguable case.

the simple presence of a "high hedge" will be the issue, not when it
originated

See introductory para 1

http://www.publications.parliament.u...28/2003028.htm

pk

Old 12-05-2003, 08:22 AM
david

"Well, my hedge was 250 feet high ..........

???????????????????????????/

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 12-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Sue & Bob Hobden
writes

"Essjay001" wrote in message
I suspect that when the new law comes into force there will be arrogant
*******s who will think that the new law does not apply to them, or that
"no law will make me cut my hedge"

Of course there will be, like there are those that think you can go at
traffic lights despite it not being green.
The point is with this law comes a legal way to settle a dispute fairly with
legal enforcement to back it up.

It'll offer a legal way to settle a dispute. Whether it will settle it
'fairly' is another matter entirely.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 12-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Paul Kelly

Old 12-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Anthony E Anson

The message
from "david" contains these words:

"Well, my hedge was 250 feet high ..........

Sequoia innit. In my country place near the Rockies. (I don't like heights)