Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Michael Saunby

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening Michael Saunby wrote:
I'm not sure how best to deal with pollution. Probably the world

should
tax the pollutors - and use the proceeds to undo the damage they cause.

so if you are rich you are allowed to pollute?, rather than conspicuous
consumption we should watch for conspicuous pollution as the sign of the
ostentatiously rich.

"try some of this imported fruit, obviously it is horrendously imported
compared to British, the pollution tax you know, but I can afford it

whereas
the poor cannot"

Added to which it's possible eating imported blueberries is as likely to
shorten life as prolong it - so you're also saying, rather like the man who
drinks and smokes to much, that your life is rich enough that you don't
need to hang on forever in the hope that something exciting might
eventually happen.

Reminds me of this, once again
http://www.chook.demon.co.uk/saunby/...set_squire.pdf

Though in truth being a big spender isn't the same as being rich. Western
governments will now print as much money as their populations demand, you
just keep borrowing and borrowing and so long as something somewhere is
rationed (e.g. working hours, and housing) then it, sort of, balances out
in the end.

The equivalent of being rich in the future is more likely about having the
freedom to do as you please, when you please. Which reminds me, it's too
nice a day to be sat doing this - I'm off.

Michael Saunby

Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Michael Saunby

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening Oz wrote:
: Tim Tyler writes

:I'm not sure how best to deal with pollution. Probably the world

should
:tax the pollutors - and use the proceeds to undo the damage they cause.

: Ultimately the consumer is the polluter.

: If they did not demand and buy the things that have caused the
: pollution, then they would never have been made and the pollution
: would never have happened.

The consumer just wants the fruit.

So why be so fussy about the type? Why do you have the right to eat fuit
out of season? Most of the world's population only have very limited
access to luxuries such as imported fruit. What do you contribute to the
globe that makes you so important?

Where it is grown - and whether it is transported by burning fossil fuels
- is not under their control, and consequently it's hard to see how they
can be held responsible for any resulting damage.

Even if they /could/ specify how it was done, blame would still not
be clear:

If A pays B to shoot C, who should be imprisoned for C's murder?

In the UK it would be A and B, indeed even if no money changed hands and
they conspired in some other way, they'd both get a very long prison
sentence. Surely that's the right thing to do?

Michael Saunby

Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Michael Saunby

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...

:If A pays B to shoot C, who should be imprisoned for C's murder?

: A and B, in all courts of law I know of.

You suprise me - A has committed no murder.

Even attempting to hire someone to harm another will get you a long spell
in prison. I can't believe this surprises you. I can't believe you don't
accept responsibility for the consequences to other of your consumption.
You seem very keen to blame others for risking harm to you.

Michael Saunby

Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Michael Saunby

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening Oz wrote:

More likely the airline would quickly hire someone else with fewer
environmental scruples.

: This doesn't mean the pilot is a cause of the shipping, any more than
: the aeroplane is a cause.

The airplane has no volition - and can't initiate things by itself.

The pilot however can. He is not even permitting harm to happen by
inaction. He actions are the most direct and immediate cause of the
pollution.

Try it this way Tim. If the plane were pilot less. Not true today, but
far from impossible. Same for the warehouse, the supermarket, even the
farm. All done with machines. In such a situation presumably only God can
be blamed for the whole mess - certainly not the consumer.

Grow up and learn to see yourself as others see you. You're a self centred
hypocrite Tim. Worse still you peculiar diet isn't likely to let you live
a longer and healthier life. People with faddish diets don't live longer
than other - sorry, but it just doesn't happen.

Michael Saunby

Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
T N Nurse

In article ,
Derek Moody wrote:

Hello Pete, got a job?

I think he just lost one. His Georgeous George/Supernews sock-puppet
has been silent on the old kill-file-ometer, with not a hit in 2 weeks.
All he has now is the much-loved-by-porn-merchants TeraNews anon
remailer account. But I guess with more time on his hands now, he
can spend more of it down his local library or internet cafe
accessing it for a bit more trolling. His hit rate doesn't seem
to be too good of late though, according to the old kf-ometer, he's
averaging less than one hit in 18 posts, which suggests that most
folks are running kill-files on him and only the odd newbie is being
hooked. Kill filing any header with TeraNews is a highly effective way
of dealing not only with his respawned threads, but any followups to
them.

Does that mean you can afford to pay that grand you owe the NSPCC?

???

Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
T N Nurse

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...

:If A pays B to shoot C, who should be imprisoned for C's murder?

: A and B, in all courts of law I know of.

You suprise me - A has committed no murder.

However, A has *commisioned* the murder which, in law, makes
him as guilty as B who has commited the killing act. There is
a very real example of this in Scotland and the murder of Arlene
Fraser some years ago. Her husband paid someone to murder her. The
murderer was never caught but the husband was guilty of the murder
and imprisoned for life.
Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
BAC

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening Oz wrote:
: Tim Tyler writes

snip

A can only cause B to do something directly if he eliminates B's
freedom of action - e.g. by drugging or hypnotizing him - otherwise
B's actions are the result of B's choices.

So who was responsible for the killing of Charles 1, Cromwell and the
co-signatories of the death warrant, or the executioner who did the deed
(history seems to blame Cromwell)?

Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Jim Webster

"BAC" wrote in message

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening Oz wrote:
: Tim Tyler writes

snip

A can only cause B to do something directly if he eliminates B's
freedom of action - e.g. by drugging or hypnotizing him - otherwise
B's actions are the result of B's choices.

So who was responsible for the killing of Charles 1, Cromwell and the
co-signatories of the death warrant, or the executioner who did the deed
(history seems to blame Cromwell)?

the way that Tim is going to avoid consumers taking any responsibility, he
will doubtless blame the guy who made the axe

Jim Webster

Old 30-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Oz

Jim Webster writes

the way that Tim is going to avoid consumers taking any responsibility, he
will doubtless blame the guy who made the axe

Indeed, his argument is pathetic.

I'm sure he knows it, too.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.

Old 30-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Peter Duncanson

On Thu, 29 May 2003 20:55:50 GMT, Malcolm wrote:

On Thu, 29 May 2003 21:52:45 +0100, Peter Duncanson
wrote:

On Thu, 29 May 2003 18:23:32 GMT, Malcolm wrote:

Obviously, that doesn't give them the right to feed us and try to kill
us off at the same time.

Why would farmers try to kill off their customers?
At the very least it would be a bad business practice.

You're asking me!! ask the dealers, the farmer, the crack heads why!

I agree, seems real daft.

But where are all these dead customers?

--
Peter Duncanson
UK

Old 30-05-2003, 04:32 PM
BAC

"BAC" wrote in message

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening Oz wrote:
: Tim Tyler writes

snip

A can only cause B to do something directly if he eliminates B's
freedom of action - e.g. by drugging or hypnotizing him - otherwise
B's actions are the result of B's choices.

So who was responsible for the killing of Charles 1, Cromwell and the
co-signatories of the death warrant, or the executioner who did the deed
(history seems to blame Cromwell)?

the way that Tim is going to avoid consumers taking any responsibility, he
will doubtless blame the guy who made the axe

LOL - I hadn't thought of that :-)

Old 30-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Malcolm

wrote:

On Thu, 29 May 2003 18:23:32 GMT, Malcolm wrote:

Obviously, that doesn't give them the right to feed us and try to kill
us off at the same time.

Why would farmers try to kill off their customers?
At the very least it would be a bad business practice.

You're asking me!! ask the dealers, the farmer, the crack heads why!

I agree, seems real daft.

But where are all these dead customers?

In the cemetery I guess, who said all victims need to be dead?
--

So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?

I understand.

/´¯/)
/¯../
/..../
/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
/'/.../..../......./¨¯\
('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
\.................'...../
''...\.......... _.·´
\..............(
\.............\..
Old 30-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Michael Saunby

wrote:

Obviously, that doesn't give them the right to feed us and try to kill
us off at the same time.

Why would farmers try to kill off their customers?
At the very least it would be a bad business practice.

You're asking me!! ask the dealers, the farmer, the crack heads why!

I agree, seems real daft.

But where are all these dead customers?

According to Pete at least one (Gorgeous George) is buried in my yard. I
imagine that he thinks this will get me in trouble with DEFRA - what he
perhaps hasn't realised in that on farm burial of vermin in still legal.
Nor is there yet a ban on the use of that most ancient of weapons, the
"troll bow". So another of Pete's sock puppets is dead and the mourning is
over already.

Michael Saunby

Old 30-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Malcolm

On Fri, 30 May 2003 17:22:31 +0100, "Michael Saunby"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Obviously, that doesn't give them the right to feed us and try to kill
us off at the same time.

Why would farmers try to kill off their customers?
At the very least it would be a bad business practice.

You're asking me!! ask the dealers, the farmer, the crack heads why!

I agree, seems real daft.

But where are all these dead customers?

According to Pete at least one (Gorgeous George) is buried in my yard. I
imagine that he thinks this will get me in trouble with DEFRA - what he
perhaps hasn't realised in that on farm burial of vermin in still legal.
Nor is there yet a ban on the use of that most ancient of weapons, the
"troll bow". So another of Pete's sock puppets is dead and the mourning is
over already.

We'll never let it rest, have you already killed him, or is he locked
in the basement as a sex slave? must have one hell of a donger to
match the balls he had! Should imagine your sister was thrilled, how
come the kid she has looks like you?

Old 30-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Malcolm

On Fri, 30 May 2003 11:15:06 +0100, T N Nurse
wrote:

In article ,
Derek Moody wrote:

Hello Pete, got a job?

I think he just lost one. His Georgeous George/Supernews sock-puppet
has been silent on the old kill-file-ometer, with not a hit in 2 weeks.
All he has now is the much-loved-by-porn-merchants TeraNews anon
remailer account. But I guess with more time on his hands now, he
can spend more of it down his local library or internet cafe
accessing it for a bit more trolling. His hit rate doesn't seem
to be too good of late though, according to the old kf-ometer, he's
averaging less than one hit in 18 posts, which suggests that most
folks are running kill-files on him and only the odd newbie is being
hooked. Kill filing any header with TeraNews is a highly effective way
of dealing not only with his respawned threads, but any followups to
them.

Oh Michael, if only you actually new how to implement a kf, it would
save us all listening to your three steps behind whining.

I wonder if Professor Sir Graeme Davies
Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Glasgow
is aware that you are using their services for libel, trolling and
general abuse of usenet, whilst besmirching the good name of GLA?

He does now ha ha ha

Lets see how quickly you can arrange another service provider......