Old 17-05-2003, 07:20 PM
will

Default potatoes: damaged foliage

Today I accidentally dropped a large trellis across my potato patch,
and managed to damage the foliage on several potato plants. Some have
been flattened while others have been broken off.

It's the first year I've grown pots, so I was just wondering if this
greenery will grow back, or if it doesn't, how this will affect the
development of the tubers.

Thanks in advance

Will
Old 17-05-2003, 08:20 PM
The Devil's Advocate

It may reduce the yield but you'll still get something. If they aren't
damaged too much it won't be much different to wind damage

:
: It's the first year I've grown pots, so I was just wondering if this
: greenery will grow back, or if it doesn't, how this will affect the
: development of the tubers.
:
: Thanks in advance
:
: Will

Robert

Old 17-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Jim R

"will" wrote in message
om...
Today I accidentally dropped a large trellis across my potato patch,
and managed to damage the foliage on several potato plants. Some have
been flattened while others have been broken off.

It's the first year I've grown pots, so I was just wondering if this
greenery will grow back, or if it doesn't, how this will affect the
development of the tubers.

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't worry unduly - in my ten years of gardening my spuds have been
subjected to one or more of frost/wind/dog/kids/blight/cruel neglect -
(luckily not all at once!) and I am always amazed at the quantity & quality
of potatoes I dig up each year. Just wait a few weeks and remove any dead
foliage.
Keep on growing
Jim R.
Tyrone