Old 18-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Jim W

Default Plant Sale - North London

URGlers welcome.. Make yourself known to me if you are there;-)
Regards
//
JW

As in previous years a Plant Sale will be held at Shepherds Hill
Allotments, North London.
Now in its sixth year, the plant sale is a chance for local allotment
holders and gardeners to meet, pick up some new plants, and enjoy the
grand natural surroundings adjoining the allotment site at Shepherds
Hill.

-On Sunday 25th May 2003
-The Shepherds Hill Annual Plant Sale will be held on the car park at
the Shepherds Hill Allotments
-Open to the public from 2 - 4 pm.

-Access via Montenotte Road (off Shepherds Hill)
-Parking usually available in surrounding streets. The allotment car
park will be closed for the duration of the plant sale.

-Vegetable, ornamental & house plants will be for sale. Contributors of
plants to our sale garden in all styles from conventional to
permaculture so you are likely to find something to grow which takes
your fancy!

-Refreshments will be available.

-All proceeds from the sale go to the Shepherds Hill Site management
fund.

For a map to the site please click he
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newprint....9&y=188506&z=1

http://www.chadahs.org.uk
Old 28-05-2003, 08:20 AM
Natalie

Plant Sale went well and we were blessed with the good weather.
Fellow URGler Natalie, who lives locally, came and said hello and bought
a few things including 3 of 6 Tithonia, (at least I think it was
Natalie? I bought the other 3) which I've not grown before.. One for
the front garden in the sun I think according to what it says in my RHS
book and on the web.

A URG London meet was tentativly suggested for a month or so, possibly
another visit to Kew? What think other URGlers down this way?

Images of the Plant Sale may be seen at the above website BTW.
//
Jim

Yes I did buy the other Tithonia. Planning to plant them in Orange Class
tub ;-)

So when are we going to meet up? Sometime between 22nd - 29th July would
suit me.

Natalie

Old 29-05-2003, 05:24 AM
Glenda Young

A URG London meet was tentativly suggested for a month or so, possibly
another visit to Kew? What think other URGlers down this way?

Sounds good to me in N. London.

Old 26-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Jim W

Glenda Young wrote:

A URG London meet was tentativly suggested for a month or so, possibly
another visit to Kew? What think other URGlers down this way?

Sounds good to me in N. London.

Orangery at 10:30 on Tue 29th of July if you're out there Glenda.. Just
in case you missed the other thread..

//
Jim