Old 30-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Trendy gardens

What's your idea of a trendy garden?

It certainly won't be mine!

While I'm here, I'm sure I posted a question about medlar the other day but
it hasn't appeared on my screen. If anyone's reading this, did you see the
medlar post?

Mary

Old 30-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Natalie

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
What's your idea of a trendy garden?

Decking, stainless steel, latice lights ;-)

It certainly won't be mine!

While I'm here, I'm sure I posted a question about medlar the other day

but
it hasn't appeared on my screen. If anyone's reading this, did you see the
medlar post?

Mary

Yes...I did see your medlar post.

Natalie

Old 30-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
What's your idea of a trendy garden?

It certainly won't be mine!

Nor mine!

While I'm here, I'm sure I posted a question about medlar the other day but
it hasn't appeared on my screen. If anyone's reading this, did you see the
medlar post?

No, but I have been a bit distracted by work.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 30-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Mary Fisher

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
What's your idea of a trendy garden?

It certainly won't be mine!

Nor mine!

While I'm here, I'm sure I posted a question about medlar the other day

but
it hasn't appeared on my screen. If anyone's reading this, did you see

the
medlar post?

No, but I have been a bit distracted by work.

I didn't see my original post on this thread either ... !

Mary

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 30-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Mary Fisher
writes
What's your idea of a trendy garden?

It certainly won't be mine!

While I'm here, I'm sure I posted a question about medlar the other day but
it hasn't appeared on my screen. If anyone's reading this, did you see the
medlar post?

I did, and I replied, though not with anything helpful ;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 30-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

What's your idea of a trendy garden?

Hmmm...in a totally paved walled garden, some tall purple alliums
mulched with broken glass, are growing beside a vertical pane of glass.
Water is running up the vertical pane of glass, and turning into fog.
Dimly glimpsed through the fog, Rachel de Thame is painting her nails
lime green to match the walls. A duck is nesting in her hair. A bell
tolls slowly.

Janet.

Old 30-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Mary Fisher

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

What's your idea of a trendy garden?

Hmmm...in a totally paved walled garden, some tall purple alliums
mulched with broken glass, are growing beside a vertical pane of glass.
Water is running up the vertical pane of glass, and turning into fog.
Dimly glimpsed through the fog, Rachel de Thame is painting her nails
lime green to match the walls. A duck is nesting in her hair. A bell
tolls slowly.

I like it - although I don't know Rachel thingy and can't understand how
anything can grow in a totally paved garden ...

The bell is inspirational.

Mary

Janet.

Old 31-05-2003, 10:57 AM

:
: What's your idea of a trendy garden?
:
: Hmmm...in a totally paved walled garden, some tall purple alliums
: mulched with broken glass, are growing beside a vertical pane of glass.
: Water is running up the vertical pane of glass, and turning into fog.
: Dimly glimpsed through the fog, Rachel de Thame is painting her nails
: lime green to match the walls. A duck is nesting in her hair. A bell
: tolls slowly.
:
: Janet.
:
To the alliums I would add verbena bonansiarus (sp?), dahlia Bishop of
Llandaff and crocosmia Lucifer.

Old 31-05-2003, 11:10 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

What's your idea of a trendy garden?

Hmmm...in a totally paved walled garden, some tall purple alliums
mulched with broken glass, are growing beside a vertical pane of glass.
Water is running up the vertical pane of glass, and turning into fog.
Dimly glimpsed through the fog, Rachel de Thame is painting her nails
lime green to match the walls. A duck is nesting in her hair. A bell
tolls slowly.

Surrealism is trendy again? My, how things do move in circles!

In terms of some aspects of my clothing, I have been passed by
fashion twice. I doubt that I shall see it happen a third time,
but who knows?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 31-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Rod

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message ...
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

What's your idea of a trendy garden?

Hmmm...in a totally paved walled garden, some tall purple alliums
mulched with broken glass, are growing beside a vertical pane of glass.
Water is running up the vertical pane of glass, and turning into fog.
Dimly glimpsed through the fog, Rachel de Thame is painting her nails
lime green to match the walls. A duck is nesting in her hair. A bell
tolls slowly.

Janet.

That was yesterday;~))
A trendy garden will carry a datestamp until somebody changes the design. My non trendy garden is non trendy now and
will have been many different non trendy gardens 100 years from now.

Rod

Old 31-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Helen

The definition of 'trendy gardening' as defined by watching TV
Programmes such as Ground Force and The Chelsea Flower Show review, is
to fill your garden with anything BUT plants!!!!For Example (and some
of these have beeen mentioned already)....

Decking
Black plastic
Water 'features'
Fencing painted bright blue ot terracotta
Stainless steel structures.
Patios
Auricula stands
Ginormous bamboo wind-chimes
Ginormous Chimneas
Barrels

Also (and I really question this fashion)...
Living Willow sculptures.

YUK YUK YUK YUK etc.
Old 31-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Natalie

"snip

Also (and I really question this fashion)...
Living Willow sculptures.

YUK YUK YUK YUK etc.

Have I made our school grounds trendy by putting in a Living Willow Tunnel
and using the remainding willow to make a couple of living willow rabbits?

Natalie

Old 31-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Paul Kelly

"Helen" wrote in message
om...
The definition of 'trendy gardening' as defined by watching TV
Programmes such as Ground Force and The Chelsea Flower Show review, is
to fill your garden with anything BUT plants!!!!

Ah! Japanese rock gardens are trendy again!

pk

Old 31-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Simon Avery

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

Hello Mary

MF What's your idea of a trendy garden?

Somewhere I wouldn't like to spend a lot of time.

Old 31-05-2003, 07:08 PM
JennyC

"Helen" wrote in message
om...
The definition of 'trendy gardening' )....

Decking
Black plastic
Water 'features'
Fencing painted bright blue ot terracotta
Stainless steel structures.
Patios
Auricula stands
Ginormous bamboo wind-chimes
Ginormous Chimneas
Barrels
Also (and I really question this fashion)...
Living Willow sculptures.
YUK YUK YUK YUK etc.

Oh Dear............

I have :
decking
patios
and a structure (mitigating circumstance is that its made from
galvanized concrete reinforcing from building site.....)

However a person I was showing photos to last week thought it looked
like 'paradise' (but they live in a flat with a tiny balcony!)

Jenny
Pictures at :
http://members.rott.chello.nl/ldejag...ex.welcome.htm