Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Debbie

Default Smelliest plant ever

I've got an arum lily flowering in my garden. I'm not sure of the
variety: I bought it years ago from a local alpine(!) show. It's
definitely not an A. italicum as I have some of those.

Anyway, I don't know whether it's the warm weather, or what, but this
thing is flowering profusely, and stinks to high heaven. Unfortunately
I have it planted too close to my outside picnic area, and this thing
is so bad that it's going to be a case of either digging it up, moving
our patio, or moving house (not that anyone would buy it at the moment
with that smell around). Until I discovered what it was (way too close
a sniff, with hindsight) I was thinking we had a problem with our
drains, or that I had a dead rat festering somewhere. It smells
totally disgusting (though looks rather nice!)

Does anyone know what the species is?

And hello again to anyone who knows me, I've not urg-led in a very
long time!

Debbie