Old 02-06-2003, 10:00 AM
paul

Default Lavender

when and how hard should a lavender be trimmed back

Old 02-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Sid

Franz Heymann wrote in message

"paul" wrote in message
. ..
when and how hard should a lavender be trimmed back

I cut mine very hard back to the lowest sign of new growth in the autumn.

Franz Heymann

yeah, don't cut any old wood. I cut mine pretty soon after the flowers
finish.

Old 02-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Franz Heymann

. ..

Old 02-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Jeffery

I think it is recommended that you trim off the dead flowers shortly after
flowering, and then cut back to the last sign of new growth in the autumn.

--
Best wishes,
Jeffery.
"Sid" wrote in message

Franz Heymann wrote in message

. ..

Old 03-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Sid
writes

Franz Heymann wrote in message

"paul" wrote in message
. ..
when and how hard should a lavender be trimmed back

I cut mine very hard back to the lowest sign of new growth in the autumn.

Franz Heymann

yeah, don't cut any old wood. I cut mine pretty soon after the flowers
finish.

Otoh, leaving the seedheads on till spring attracts flocks of
goldfinches and gives them valuable food over the winter.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 03-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Ophelia

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

Otoh, leaving the seedheads on till spring attracts flocks of
goldfinches and gives them valuable food over the winter.

Oh yes.. I like that much better) I just bought a lavender and so was
reading this thread with interest

Old 03-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Ophelia
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

Otoh, leaving the seedheads on till spring attracts flocks of
goldfinches and gives them valuable food over the winter.

Oh yes.. I like that much better) I just bought a lavender and so was
reading this thread with interest

I prune mine in spring, and make sure I always have at least one tiny
green bud sprouting form the stem below where I cut.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Ophelia

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Ophelia
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

Otoh, leaving the seedheads on till spring attracts flocks of
goldfinches and gives them valuable food over the winter.

Oh yes.. I like that much better) I just bought a lavender and so was
reading this thread with interest

I prune mine in spring, and make sure I always have at least one tiny
green bud sprouting form the stem below where I cut.

Sounds good to me) Thanks Kay

Old 05-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Ophelia

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Ophelia
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

Otoh, leaving the seedheads on till spring attracts flocks of
goldfinches and gives them valuable food over the winter.

Oh yes.. I like that much better) I just bought a lavender and so was
reading this thread with interest

I prune mine in spring, and make sure I always have at least one tiny
green bud sprouting form the stem below where I cut.

Sounds good to me) Thanks Kay

Lavender and White - pale-lavender-and-white.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 3 30-07-2007 01:36 AM
Munstead Lavender seeds LeAnn Gardening 2 30-03-2003 04:56 PM
Siberian Lavender vericaulk Gardening 2 30-03-2003 02:32 AM
Good Lavender Miniature Roses Rose rescue Radika Kesavan Roses 7 24-03-2003 09:08 PM
Pruning lavender (zone 24/8) Polar Gardening 6 04-02-2003 02:53 AM