Old 02-06-2003, 03:57 PM
Peter Ashby

Default Roundup - where?

In article ,
Jerry Built ] wrote:

Where can I buy a quantity of Roundup or similar to treat

approx. an acre of ground, possibly twice. I have heard

that there's an "agricultural" or "concentrated" sort that

can be bought and is more cost-effective compared to the

garden centre type diluted appropriately. Any information

will be gratefully received!

Try large sheds or garden centres. Note that the concentrate bottles are
small relative to the made up stuff and are easy to miss when looking.
It is out there.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Howard Neil

Where can I buy a quantity of Roundup or similar to treat
approx. an acre of ground, possibly twice. I have heard
that there's an "agricultural" or "concentrated" sort that
can be bought and is more cost-effective compared to the
garden centre type diluted appropriately. Any information
will be gratefully received!

Look under "Agricultural Supplies" in your local Yellow Pages.

You will need a backpack sprayer or a weed wiper to apply it, though. If you
do not have access to either, it may be more cost effective to make friends
with a local farmer.

Howard Neil