Old 04-06-2003, 07:08 PM
David Greenwood

Default salix - diseased?

We have a weeping salix (grafted onto trunk) which after 4 years' happy
growth has just turned brown this year after initially coming into leaf as
normal. Can anyone tell me if there is a common disease they are prone to,
or what else may be the cause. Have I lost the tree for good?

David Greenwood

Old 05-06-2003, 12:22 AM
Michael Berridge

David Greenwood wrote in message ...
We have a weeping salix (grafted onto trunk) which after 4 years' happy
growth has just turned brown this year after initially coming into leaf

as
normal. Can anyone tell me if there is a common disease they are prone

to,
or what else may be the cause. Have I lost the tree for good?

David Greenwood

Salix arachnose, a fungal infection. It will grow again, you can spray
for it, but often the tree is too large. It also affects poplars and was
featured on last weeks GW.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk