Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Shirl

Default Lavender transplanting tips please

Hi

I've just transplanted a lavender into my garden. ( I am aware thats its
not the best time to do this however, I saved it from being thrown on a
friends compost heap!) Anyway it is approx 2 years old and spreads to about
two and half feet. I've put it in a position that gets sun between about
10.30am, onwards. I put half a bag of miracle grow under its roots.

Can anyone give me any advice to help ensure it survives please? I have
been trying to read up (complete garden novice) and i've read that it may be
advantagous to cut all the flowers off so that it can concentrate on making
new roots. What do people think of this? (I wouldnt be so sad as one of
the reasons I wanted it was for the flower heads)

Thankyou for any help