Old 13-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Jay

Default Rechargeable edge trimmer / strimmer

I hope someone cant help me.
I have a heavy duty petrol strimmer which is excellent for most of my needs.
But it's too powerful for more intricate work like going close to trees and
especially grass edges (it wont swivel either). Electric corded jobs aren't
really suitable as the electricity supply is far too far distant. I wondered
if anyone has heard of a cordless or rechargeable edge trimmer and whether
they are any use in such circumstances.

Thank you all,

Jay

Old 13-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Tim

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:43:51 +0100, Jay wrote:

I hope someone cant help me.
I have a heavy duty petrol strimmer which is excellent for most of my
needs.
But it's too powerful for more intricate work like going close to trees
and
especially grass edges (it wont swivel either). Electric corded jobs
aren't
really suitable as the electricity supply is far too far distant. I
wondered
if anyone has heard of a cordless or rechargeable edge trimmer and
whether
they are any use in such circumstances.

Gardena make that sort of beast. Never used one though.
Is this the sort of thing you're looking for?

http://www.gardena.com:80/INT/applic...jsp&event=link(browse)
&wlcs_catalog_sourceKey=wlcs_categories&wlcs_catal og_destinationKey=wlcs_siblings&wlcs_catalog_categ ory_id=PK40502_DEde

(sorry it's the German site, but you get the idea)
Tim.
Old 13-06-2003, 11:08 AM

if anyone has heard of a cordless or rechargeable edge trimmer and whether
they are any use in such circumstances.

Saw one in Homebase .. made by Black N Decker I think. Cost was around £50.

- h

Old 16-06-2003, 11:32 PM
StevieBoy

wrote:

I hope someone cant help me.
I have a heavy duty petrol strimmer which is excellent for most of my needs.
But it's too powerful for more intricate work like going close to trees and
especially grass edges (it wont swivel either). Electric corded jobs aren't
really suitable as the electricity supply is far too far distant. I wondered
if anyone has heard of a cordless or rechargeable edge trimmer and whether
they are any use in such circumstances.

Thank you all,

Jay

I've got a Flymo Cordless strimmer ... I'm the envy of all my
neighbours

Wasn't cheap at around 70 pounds, but would definitely buy it again
given the choice.

Would recommend that you use a slightly thicker plastic line than the
size supplied (I'm currently using a thicker Black & Decker line) as
the thin stuff does tend to break off rather quickly.

Steve