Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-06-2003, 12:32 AM
shannie

Default UPDATE - Apple fruitlets gone

Hi All,
Early in June I posted about this and was given great advice about watering,
pollination and general care etc. Thanks again, however, despite my best
efforts I think our poor discovery has had it It is completely bare
now apart from about three leaves hanging on for dear life by, literally, a
thread. Im going to dig it up and later in the year replace it with a few
more. I now know that bare rooted is best and Autumn is the best time, and
that more than one is needed. My new question is can anyone give me advise
as to what variety to choose. Basically it's an eater we're looking for,
something that wont require me to need a degree in pruning and something
that will tolerate a little wind, not wonderful soil and perhaps a little
shade. Am I looking for miracles here or does such a plant exist?

Thanks again
--

Shan (Ireland)
http://ukdiscus.com/main.htm