Old 16-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Kostas Kavoussanakis

Default Fuchsias?

I planted 2, formerly potted, hardy fuchsias to the ground in late
February. I have seen nothing from them, are they goners or am I
impatient?

I am in Scotland if it makes any difference.

Thanks,
Kostas
Old 16-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Kate Morgan

I planted 2, formerly potted, hardy fuchsias to the ground in late
February. I have seen nothing from them, are they goners or am I
impatient?

I am in Scotland if it makes any difference.

Thanks,
Kostas

Are you quite sure that you remembered where you had put put them, I`m
always mislaying plants, they turn up eventually :-)
kate
Old 16-06-2003, 06:06 PM
David Hill

What ever made you plant them in Feb????
Early June would have been more the time.

I think you have seen the last of them,
I would get new plants now and plant them into the garden NOW.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 16-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Kostas Kavoussanakis

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, David Hill wrote:

What ever made you plant them in Feb????

Sorry, I don't understand: I assumed they were dormant, after a season
growing and flowering in their large tubs. They were already out, and
I guess they were more exposed in the containers than in the ground.
The clematis I planted at the same time (and at the same place as one
of the fuchsias) is doing OK (bar the slug damage I mentioned the
other day). Perhaps I don't understand what "hardy" means.

Thanks for the answers,
Kostas
Old 16-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Kate Morgan

I think that Kate is being somewhat optimistic when she suggests that
they are probably there, somewhere.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Yeah thats me, always hopeful :-)
kate

HELP! My fuchsias Bjazz68 United Kingdom 1 10-06-2004 04:01 PM
Rusty Fuchsias DavidS United Kingdom 5 11-02-2004 10:17 AM
Rusty Fuchsias DavidS United Kingdom 0 10-02-2004 01:38 AM
fuchsias B & J Gardening 1 08-03-2003 06:08 AM
Miiserable fuchsias in pots pbaitch United Kingdom 2 10-11-2002 12:03 AM