Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-06-2003, 07:32 AM
martin

Default Composting Tea Bags

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:31:28 +0100, "andrewpreece"
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
newsprrc6gxqhwxhha1@localhost...
Isn't it illegal ( EU directive ) to have a compost heap within 270 feet
(?)
of a domestic dwelling, so if you have one at all you're probably a
criminal, never mind what you put on it.....
It is also illegal ( EU directive ) to burn wood on other than the
ground it was grown on. I expect you'll all be turning yourselves in to
the police bright and early tomorrow - if you come clean they might go
easy on you!!!

I found this on Google, unfortunaltely it's just gossip, as there are no
links or hint at an actual reference.
Tim.

That's a bit thick, isn't it? Are you saying that unless I provide cast iron
documentary evidence with every comment I make it is automatically
invalid?
I confess my comments were not the result of personally digging
through the Big Book of Stupid EU Directives

AKA Daily Mail?

( inc. the ones on bent
cucumbers and bananas ), but they were based on articles in a respected*
newspaper

don't believe everything you read, especially in right wing respected
newspapers. with a political axe to grind.

and I reckon that's good enough for a light-hearted comment
in uk.rec.gardening.
I now await the EU Directive banning people on usenet from making
comments without providing extensive supporting evidence.

* Though I'm guessing it's not the one you take!

Andy ;-)

--
martin

home made grow bags using tesco carrier bags. jww United Kingdom 5 13-06-2006 12:41 PM
Composting tea bags MPost Lawns 5 13-09-2005 01:14 PM
tea bags gramgill United Kingdom 57 04-02-2005 01:06 PM
Tea bags and coffee grains. GaryM Gardening 7 25-10-2003 04:22 AM
Composting Tea Bags paul pettet United Kingdom 2 25-06-2003 03:20 PM